Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moss Farm Longmeanygate
07-Nov-2011, 08:01 PM
Moss Farm Longmeanygate
Moss Farm is on the right of Longmeanygate as you drive towards Midge Hall and is about 200 yds from Jane Lane. It was derelict for some time before being demolished and rebuilt a few years ago. Does anyone know who did the demolition and rebuilding? I am trying to find a photo of the original farm where my family lived from about 1836 to 1895.
DW
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-Nov-2011, 05:45 PM

Hi Wilko
I know a chap who owns Moss House Farm Caterers they are based at 86 Longmeanygate, is this the same site?. The guy's name is Phil and he is ok to get on with. There website is http://www.mosshousefarmcaterers.co.uk

They do damned good food too ;-)
08-Nov-2011, 06:25 PM

Hi Baz,
Thanks for your interest. It doesn't seem to be the same place. Moss Farm is further up Longmeanyate and there's no sign of any catering going on.
27-Oct-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Moss Farm Longmeanygate
i do remember old P lee lived there , he had a son and a daughter , his nick name was old p , i new an old friend of his jim rimmer , next farm ,now sadly deceased
27-Oct-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Moss Farm Longmeanygate
(07-Nov-2011 08:01 PM)Wilko Wrote:  Moss Farm is on the right of Longmeanygate as you drive towards Midge Hall and is about 200 yds from Jane Lane. It was derelict for some time before being demolished and rebuilt a few years ago. Does anyone know who did the demolition and rebuilding? I am trying to find a photo of the original farm where my family lived from about 1836 to 1895.
DW

Dont know who demolished it but i do remember peter lee who lived there for many years