The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 938 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 938 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leyland Neighbourhood Forum
Hi - I am new to this Forum so please let me introduce myself - I am Jo and I am the Community Involvement Officer for Leyland. I work as part of a new team who will be working in your neighbourhood to help coordinate and deliver local projects that are important to you.

A major part of my role is working alongside Leyland Councillors to launch Leyland’s new Neighbourhood Forums which have replaced the older-style area committees. These evening meetings (every quarter)offer you the chance to informally share your views with other people and residents about what you think would make your neighbourhood a better place and in particular to help you develop your club, society or community idea further.

The first Leyland Neighbourhood Forum was held in November 2011 and was a great success; however in order to prioritise the large amount of feedback we received, we would like to invite you and people on this Forum to come along and help influence the process of prioritising the projects that will form part of Leyland’s new Neighbourhood Plan.

The forum will take place on Thursday 26th January 2012 from 7pm at South Ribble Borough Council, Civic Centre, West Paddock, Leyland, PR25 1DH and will last no longer than an hour.

I would be grateful if you could share this invitation with anyone else you think would like to be involved so that residents views in Leyland are well represented.

I look forward to seeing you there

Jo
Welcome Jo, and thanks for that. And welcome to our forum.
Hello Jo, thanks for the input. Welcome the the forum.
Martin ~
Welcome to the forum, Jo.
Jo:

Good luck with your endeavours. My wife and I were born and raised in Leyland. My family had an ironmongery on Towngate (George Damp & Sons). My wife's parents had a greengrocery at 90 Hough Lane (Nixon's).

We're a bit too far away to be able to contribute to your efforts (about 4800 miles!). If you check the map of the US, we're in the very top left-hand corner of mainland Washington State, just south of the Canadian border, in the small seaside town of Anacortes.

As a BBC rail journey person said about Grange over Sands "It's like Morecambe but without the sexual excitement". Anacortes is a lot like Grange, except nowhere near as old. We're around 16,000 population at last count, with a higher than typical number of retirees and what we call "snowbirds". These are people who have a home here and a second one in Arizona or somewhere else with very hot summers. They spend the summer here and then head back when our weather starts turning nasty.

My sister, who still lives in Leyland, says that Anacortes is "where God goes on his holidays".

Frank Damp
Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
Welcome JoSRBC, the idea is a sound one,a good involvement project. my family is an old leyland family the Nixons, involved in business in leyland throughout past decades,I, like Frank no longer live in Leyland but have settled in the Greek island of Crete, but make regular use of this excellent forum,My cousins daughter Denise is one of SRBC`s chief executives.
djh
Welcome Jo,Is it about Leyland only or South Ribble as a whole,
Hi again, and thank you everyone for their warm welcome. Its seems that even though some people have moved away, their links with Leyland are still very strong!

Yes Garn – the Forum on Thursday evening relates to the Leyland area only, from Moss Side over to the northern part of Buckshaw Village, from Wade Hall and Seven Stars in the South through to Earnshaw Bridge and Moss Lane near to Leyland Train Station. There are 5 other officers in my team who cover other parts of the Borough and I can put you in contact with them if needed.

At the last Forum in November 2011, we asked residents and local community leaders about issues or problems concerning Leyland, as well as any projects or services they would like to see introduced or changed. I have condensed this feedback into 23 new proposed projects and at the next Forum on Thursday evening, we will be asking attendees to vote for their favourite using a very informal process. There will also be the opportunity for newcomers to add in new project ideas, as well as reporting any issues you may have such as dog fouling, faulty streetlights etc. It would be great to see you there and for you to contribute to this new Neighbourhood PLan for Leyland.

I don’t want to dominate this Forum with South Ribble Borough Council topics, however I hope I will be useful to you in the future to help you address any problems or issues concerning your local neighbourhood or community here in Leyland. If you want to contact me outside of this Forum, my email is jstaines@southribble.gov.uk or phone 01772 625224.

I look forward to meeting you as I get to grips with community issues across Leyland.

Thanks again

Jo
Glad to see community support officers around the town but the one who usually walks around our area NEVER smiles or looks at people. She just ducks her head down and looks at the floor and walks straight past members of the public. As an ex police officer I think this is a bad move as it does not give the right impression to decent members of the public. Please PCSO's smile a bit more and engage with your public.