Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#PortasPilot (round2)
Watch the video for Leylands second round bid.

http://youtu.be/Uefj3hTFDjs
Martin ~
Leyland and Kirkham have said they will continue to support ‘town teams’ brought together as part of the application to land the status to revive retail areas.

On Wednesday, local government minister Grant Shapps confirmed Morecambe was one of 15 new pilot towns which would receive £100,000 and the backing of self-styled retail guru, Mary Portas.

Preston and Chorley, which submitted bids into the first round of applications, did not re-submit for the second round to applications.

South Ribble Council deputy leader Peter Mullineaux said he was “disappointed” Leyland had missed out for a second time.

He added: “I am delighted with the way the town pulled together to produce two excellent bids with some fantastic ideas.

“I would like to thank the town team for all their efforts, and I hope we can continue to work together to build on the momentum gained as part of the bidding process.

“We will be keeping a close eye on the successful applicants to see if there’s anything we can learn from them, while pushing ahead with some of our own ideas to improve Leyland.”

lep.co.uk
Martin ~