Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leyland Festival 2012
Leyland Festival 7th & 8th July 2012 - A Celebration of Celebrations!

Watch Leyland Festival Parade through the town at 12.00 on Saturday. The parade goes along Hough Lane, on Towngate, Leyland Cross, finishing on Worden Lane, vehicles will be parked on the park.

visitleyland.co.uk
Martin ~
So who is taking part?
Martin ~
Heavy rain forecast for Saturday at the moment, we're intending going on the park but not if it's pouring down.
Just reading the prices, if they'd put a few abbreviations in I might make sense of it.
Adults £3 in advance or £5 on the day for a Weekend ticket (Sat & Sun) £5 in advance Children 16 years and under—FREE
It's absolutely bucketing down today. The Festival in the park concert at Houghton Towers on Saturday has been cancelled due to waterlogged grounds, I can see this lot affecting Leyland Festival tomorrow.
I'll be on the park as a volunteer so I will miss the procession :-(
However, there will be loads going on for people to enjoy. I'm particularly looking forward to the 'Man Zone', whatever that is.
BTW The weather forecast for Saturday afternoon is not looking to bad at the minute. Fingers crossed.
quote:

Originally posted by cllrmatt

I'll be on the park as a volunteer so I will miss the procession :-(
However, there will be loads going on for people to enjoy. I'm particularly looking forward to the 'Man Zone', whatever that is.
BTW The weather forecast for Saturday afternoon is not looking to bad at the minute. Fingers crossed.

You Caleb is a weather expert Matt and he reckons rain rain and more rain !! [Sad]
The Leyland Festival has been postponed as heavy rain batters Lancashire.

Organisers confirmed that the festival, due to take place in the South Ribble town, had been called off.

The Leyland Live event, which sees music and comedy events take place in venues, will still take place on Saturday night.

Ten rivers across Lancashire were placed on ‘flood alert’ on Friday with people urged to “be prepared” as a band of rain spreads from the south.

lep.co.uk
Martin ~
Sounds bad oop north
Martin ~
Dont like to admit it, but it looks like our Caleb's dismal weather forecast was correct. No sign of a let up in the deluge for a while. Large sections of Worden Park are currently under water. The Council are now looking to reschedule the event later in the summer (possibly mid September).
Darn it, got tickets too.