Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NO 8 SHOP
20-Oct-2012, 07:24 PM
NO 8 SHOP
I WORKED AT LML FROM 63 TO 84 MY HAPPIEST TIME WAS AS A CHASER WORKING WITH A GOOD CREW, BOSS JACK HOWARDEN, BILLY RIGBY, BARRY, JEAN, MY SELF DAVE HARRISON EX OF THE CONROD LINE AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS,BILL COLCLOUGH, DOROTHY BUTT WIFE OF SYD BUTT IN PURCHASING AT THE L.A.P. AND MEMBERS OF THE CARAVAN CLUB, DOES ANY ONE REMEMBER OUR HAPPY BAND.

djh
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
20-Oct-2012, 08:10 PM

Where was no.8 shop Dave? Mum worked in nozzle shop until about '72 I think.
21-Oct-2012, 03:28 AM

Which Caravan Club ... Dave?

T. D.
22-Oct-2012, 01:28 PM

Noel, No 8 shop was at Spurrier wks the main engine shop, nozzles were done at North wks and Spurrier in the coppersmiths, farington was the main chassis build and foundry, the fabrication shop at Spurries also built chassis mainly for trucks, as you may well remember there was the truck and bus divisions bus mainly farington and truck at Spurrier, to Karen, Syd and Dorothy Butt were in the Leyland mtrs caravan club.

djh
22-Oct-2012, 07:29 PM

Good to see you have stopped shouting Dave ! [8D]
22-Oct-2012, 08:30 PM

Problem with my caps lock Phil, tricky little devils these keys, now fixed, if you have ever had to fix one you would know.

djh
22-Oct-2012, 10:17 PM

We used to have a caps lock guy come on here with his long drawn out diatribes ! I used to agree with quite a lot of his opinions, the thing is, his posts were just too long to take in all at once ! [Smile]
23-Oct-2012, 09:43 AM

Luck on our side, BB seems to have gone asleep but as Frank says the ignore button is the best cure for any abuse.

djh
23-Mar-2013, 11:26 AM

Just passing through - know a lot about No.8 - saw it built and all the new plant in, but leaving that bit I`m reminded about George Lambe. He was along distance walker of no mean repute and workd in the Drilling Section. He was constantly being teased about his abilities on walking long distance and was challenged by a man whose name is long gone to walk around No8 Shop in its early days...

George gave his challenger half the distance start, and stood by the Tool Room door until he past at the north end, he then set off at his walking pace and passed his opponent before he reached the finish at the Tool Room door. Just a possible forgotten fact in the No8 Shop story. William R
21-Jul-2013, 07:32 PM
RE: NO 8 SHOP
I remember George well and his son, he was in the medical centre when I knew him, a great pal.

djh