Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
holiday bookings in greece
16-Feb-2013, 01:12 PM
holiday bookings in greece
Beware when you book a package holiday with Olympic Holidays, my partners son booked apartments near to where we live for easy access to to where we live, they took the money then the booking was confirmed before Christmas, yesterday they were notified that they no longer deal with those apartments and transfered their booking to a hotel some 15 kilometres Away, not good, we rang the owner of the apartments, who we know well and they confirmed that Olympic had dropped them from their list, also a large number of people had been affected the same way, this was not explained to anyone, we consider this to be bad practise from an old established travel company, so Beware.[Sad!] Other small establishments tell us that they had been affected the same way,there may be a conspiracy to drive the would be holiday makers to the larger and more expensive self catering or all inclusive hotels in the long run.

djh
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
16-Feb-2013, 09:34 PM

That's disgraceful!! Could they book direct with the apartment owners Dave, particularly as you know them well? And surely they could get money back as the tour operator has broken the agreement?
17-Feb-2013, 12:32 PM

Reality Noel is that flight only is dearer than a package holiday in the hight of season when most people can take their holidays, but you are right about a broken agreement and they are contacting the company with a view to recovering their outlay, it is a disgrace and the travel company does not deserve customer loyalty, the smaller apartments bring local trade to tavernas cafenions shops etc, locals depend on this trade in summer for their income, the more all inclusive hotels the more the local economy suffers and times now are tough for small businesses.

djh
17-Feb-2013, 01:17 PM

Hope it turns out OK Dave. I know what you mean about package holidays being cheaper. It costs me and my wife over £600 to fly to Dalaman return yest we could get a package deal for a couple of hundred more
18-Feb-2013, 05:02 PM

Noel, after asking for a refund from Olympic he was offered another hotel alot nearer to our home which was acceptable, so problem solved only drawback was £200 more for upgrade but thats life, at least they may save on travel in the area.

djh
18-Feb-2013, 05:24 PM

Oh, good, glad it turned out satisfactorily.
19-Feb-2013, 02:35 PM

Thanks Noel appreciate you keeping the forum ticking over.

djh
19-Feb-2013, 02:58 PM

Kind of quiet at the moment Dave isn't it.
19-Feb-2013, 09:08 PM

Don't shout...

I'm working on something and hopefully I'll get it finished this year.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-Feb-2013, 10:55 AM

OK; I'll keep it quiet (but still keeping tabs on who's who and what's wot!)
Good on ya Martin and Noel and Dave and Co

Jerry Threlfall