Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit time limit
When did the 5-minute time limit on editing a post come in? IMO, it should be at least 15 minutes and it should start FROM WHEN YOU FINISH your post, not from when you started it! It used to be until someone else posted after you did. Why change it?

One extremely pissed off
, long-term contributor!!!

Frank
Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
It depends which part of the forum you are posting on Frank. Some have a much longer edit time limit.
Martin ~
I didn't know there was a time limit. Why is there one Martin and where do they differ in length?
I had never run into a time limit before and I've posted in most of the sections (2450 posts). When I got the limit the other day, I was posting in the "Leyland Talk" section.
It was introduced when someone who had started a lot of posts began to edit out the first post in all their topics. This made the rest of the topic meaningless. It also stops people starting arguments and then editing out their comments after other people have responded. I'll look into it.
Martin ~
Martin:

Many of the forums I subscribe to let a poster edit his post until someone has responded to it. I think that would be a good system for this forum. Certainly a longer time limit than 5 minutes, maybe 60 minutes would work.

Five minutes from STARTING your post doesn't even give enough time to finish and certainly not enough to correct typos.

Frank
I've adjusted the limit Frank.
Martin ~
Thanks, Martin

Frank