The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 938 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 938 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moved away?
quote:

Originally posted by Martin

I'm trying to think if there is any particular type of restaurant that Leyland hasn't got...

It's not got a Greek restaurant Martin, or Japanese, French, no Schnitzels . I think the nearest Greek restaurant is at Lytham and costs an arm and a leg unlike the real thing
[Image: owl.gif]
There's no Mexican or Thai, either. Both types are everywhere here. Anacortes is a town of about 15,000 and there are two Thai restaurants and three Mexican ones. We do have Greek, French, Italian and all the "burgeries".

Frank Damp
Anacortes, WA
Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
I suppose Frank the list is endless. No Eskimo restaurant, no Red Indian restaurant, you were saying Martin?? [Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]
quote:

Originally posted by noel

I suppose Frank the list is endless. No Eskimo restaurant, no Red Indian restaurant, you were saying Martin?? [Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]

Oooh, let's be PC [Wink]
You mean Inuit or Native American, Noel! [Wink][}Smile][:p][:o)]
And what is it those Southerners eat? Ah yes! Are there any jellied eel shops in Leyland? [:o)]

(Actually, anyone know what the North American nations think of being called Native Americans? It strikes me it lumps them all together when I got the impression each "tribe", for want of a better word - Navajo, Sioux, Apache etc. - regarded themselves as separate nations. Or is it regarded much as the English, Welsh and Scots regard being called British?)
there are good resturants in London....come and visit!
Love and LightHayley
I live in New york, Native Americans are so called so that they don't get confused with Indians from India and they are the original natives, It's not a PC thing, African American is completely PC
quote:

Originally posted by kevinawilson

I live in New york, Native Americans are so called so that they don't get confused with Indians from India and they are the original natives, It's not a PC thing, African American is completely PC

Hiya, Kevin, and welcome to the forum![Big Grin]
I realise why Native Americans are so called, I just wondered what they
thought of being called Native American..... whether they preferred to be called by their nation - Sioux, Apache etc.
Oooh, let's be PC [Wink]
You mean Inuit or Native American, Noel! [Wink][}Smile][:p][:o)]
And what is it those Southerners eat? Ah yes! Are there any jellied eel shops in Leyland? [:o)]

(Actually, anyone know what the North American nations think of being called Native Americans? It strikes me it lumps them all together when I got the impression each "tribe", for want of a better word - Navajo, Sioux, Apache etc. - regarded themselves as separate nations. Or is it regarded much as the English, Welsh and Scots regard being called British?)
We have an American Indian cafe in town.....on the menu....scalp butties [}Smile][}Smile] [8D][8D]
quote:

Originally posted by David

Actually, anyone know what the North American nations think of being called Native Americans? It strikes me it lumps them all together when I got the impression each "tribe", for want of a better word - Navajo, Sioux, Apache etc. - regarded themselves as separate nations. Or is it regarded much as the English, Welsh and Scots regard being called BritishWe have an American Indian cafe in town.....on the menu....scalp butties [}Smile][}Smile] [8D][8D]

Couldn't agree more David. I don't think they would like being lumped together, especially as they once used to hack each other to bits in tribal wars.
Martin ~
In Canada ... they are called the First Nations .... and I think that includes all North American Native Indians.

er ... and didn't the European, (African, Asian et al).... peoples .. 'scrap' with their fellow European(etc) nations ... many moons ago?!!!!!
T. D.