Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What the butler saw
06-Sep-2003, 06:58 AM
What the butler saw
[Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]He did`nt see much, an end to our childhood curiousities[Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]

http://www.funnyfair.com/butler-saw.htm
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-Sep-2003, 01:13 PM

What a cracking site. (or should that be sight) <vbg>
07-Sep-2003, 01:16 AM

[Image: surprize.gif] A sight..lol
07-Sep-2003, 01:04 PM

A great site (providing that you can keep your head). ROFL (Or did it? - couldn`t quite see the expression on Mary`s face).

Jim
08-Sep-2003, 12:47 AM

Could`nt see Frankenstein at all, but Laurel and Hardy are cute, great dancers..lol[8D]
08-Sep-2003, 08:34 PM

Love The Ghost Train-remember the cobwebs.
LG
Try The Yawning Man
08-Sep-2003, 10:14 PM

Who remembers 'Fairyland' or maybe it was called 'Blue Grotto' on the 'Golden Mile' .... you sailed around it in boats ... pure magic.

I worked on the beach ... selling ice cream for 'Frankits' and in their hot dog and tea stand by the football ground on Bloomfield Rd.

I got to pour tea from a huge metal teapot across the rows of cups .. very satifying that was!!!

On quiet days or my day off I worked on the Glanfield's Cafe right on Bloomfield Road ... some of the team used to come in regularly.
Not Stan Matthews never saw him 'till he came to Wrightington, before the start of the season .. he played for Stoke at that time.

I LOVE Blackpool!!!

Ciao Karen.

T. D.
08-Sep-2003, 10:25 PM

Karen, You were right first time, it WAS Fairyland. I sailed around there more than once in my childhood. I was always amazed at just how big it was - compared with the frontage of the place.
You didn`t train with the Salvation Army by any chance? They used to fill dozens of cups at a time without stopping, when I was doing my national service. Strangly enough, there wasn`t much wasted as I remenber.

Jim
08-Sep-2003, 11:07 PM

Spitfire,

No, I did all my tea serving training at the hot dog stand ... but I always thought that if I ever needed to change jobs I would be well qualified for a position with the British Railway catering department at a Station Caff!!!!

Ciao Karen.

T. D.
09-Sep-2003, 02:13 AM

Karen I remember fairyland,everytime we went to Blackpool fairyland was a must, it was beautiful inside.[Smile]