Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
David's Diary
31-Dec-2004, 03:17 PM
David's Diary
Tomorrow being the beginning of yet another new year, I'm going to try to keep a diary going, at least for the first month, just to see if it gets any response. You are all welcome to join in with your comments. Pity that the chat page hasn't been successful. Maybe a few diaries would make it easier to communicate with each other.
See you tomorrow [8D]
Quote this message in a reply
31-Dec-2004, 08:36 PM

All the best to you, David .
Am about to sample some Lindisfarne wine -saved for the occasion.
Cheers
From Linda
LG[8D]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-Jan-2005, 04:09 AM

Well I couldn't get on the Leylandtown page until tonight...6:45pm. It's not the first time this has happened, is it my server or is it this locationn that is telling me...Service Unavailable...I was able to access all my other pages ??
Anyway, it wasn't a very eventful day. We spent most of the day watching the Premier League games on the telly. the three big games were on here...Chelsea, at 4;30am, the Arsenal at 7:00am then Man.Utd at 9:30am. The weather was cool for us, partly cloudy, high temp about 57F.
The big happening in this part of the world today is the annual Rose Bowl parade through Pasadena. I don't know if you get it on your telly...where-ever you are, but it really is worth seeing. And would you believe that today's parade, was the fiftieth year in a row, without raining on the show.
What can we say about the tragedy in the Indian Ocean. We can only hope and pray that help gets to those poor souls soon. This mornings paper says that the US government has donated $350 million to help with the tragedy. We all need to donate something to these needy folks, God Bless 'em.
02-Jan-2005, 06:46 AM

No, David, It's not unique to your server (unless you're on msn.com or verizon.net). We have verizon with MSN Premium and I've been getting "Service Unavailable" all day until now..

We watched some of the Rose Bowl Parade. My wife is a real fan of college football and she really enjoyed the game, though she doesn't approve of the BCS messing with the tradition of Pac10 vs Big Ten. Texas in the Rose Bowl? Sacrilege!

For those of you in the UK, my apologies for this posting which won't mean much to most of you. You have to live over here to really understand it.

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
02-Jan-2005, 07:05 AM

Same here Dave, the site was unavailable until after tea. We just sat around all day recouperating from a very good new years party. Watched the games and did very little else, all the best for 2005 to everyone.
02-Jan-2005, 03:48 PM

Here is the link to the Rose Bowl Parade through Pasadena. If you click on it, click on the...116th Rose Parade...link for some brilliant photo's.
http://pasadenastarnews.com/rose
Here's just one of the floats. Made entirely of flowers, and fauna.
[img] http://lang.pasadenastarnews.com/socal/g...de1/19.jpg [/img]
02-Jan-2005, 05:28 PM

Happy New Year David, and everyone else. Good luck with the diary. The Pasadena Rose Bowl parade is something new to me but that's the beauty ofthe forum. 50 years of the parade without a drop of rain, I'm sure Lostock Hall Carnival wouldn't mind a bit of that.
For my part I tried to get to the North End Sunderland match but had problems working out where the side light switches are on the Citroen BX my son had left parked on my drive.
It transpires they are on the indicator switch stalk, you have to twist the stalk round. Anyway I found out after going on the internet and doing a google search, took 30 minutes from first sitting in the car to finding out how they worked, darn French cars!! they always have to be a bit different don't they? By this time the heavens had opened, it was freezing and the wind blowing a gale. I stopped at home and followed the match on BBC Text.
In other words, my day I did nothing.
02-Jan-2005, 07:37 PM

Frank; I know what you mean about the changing Rose Bowl game. But what a performance the Texas quarterback, Vince Young put on. He finished with 192 yards rushing, four touchdowns scored, and another through the air....brilliant. The attendance was 93,468 and a national TV audience of millions. There were 16 Rose Bowl records set, and the lead changed hands three times in the last five minutes. Excitement...that's college football for you.
02-Jan-2005, 08:07 PM

David, I too had the `Service Unavailable` page (not for the first time recently). A strange thing happened at the same time - all my posts on the American modeling sites lost their photos (each being replaced by the white square with the red cross in it). When this forum returned - so did my photos on the other sites!! Anyone with an explanation?

Good luck with the diary. I`ve never been able to get past the second week of January!

Jim
03-Jan-2005, 03:01 AM

Jan 2. 6:00 PM. Cool, cloudy with a few showers in the PM. a quick nine holes of golf at Claremont this morning, then on to my local British pub, The Black Watch where I met Peter, our youngest son, (35), for lunch. I stopped off at a sports store to look at new snow ski's. They have a great after Christmas sale on...$200 for the ski's and the bindings. Usually they would cost in the order of $450. (The binding, for those that don't know, are what you step into to hold you on the ski) No footy on the telly today.