Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
English GB
01-May-2013, 07:59 PM
English GB
I've installed the English GB language pack and turned off the horrible American English option.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-May-2013, 02:12 PM
RE: English GB
well done admin.
05-Jun-2013, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-Jun-2013 12:02 PM by lazylizy.)
(01-May-2013 07:59 PM)admin Wrote:  I've installed the English GB language pack and turned off the horrible American English option.

Didn't know English was anything other than (GB) or lanky after all it's ENGLISH!!!!

(01-May-2013 07:59 PM)admin Wrote:  I've installed the English GB language pack and turned off the horrible American English option.
05-Jun-2013, 08:21 PM
(05-Jun-2013 12:00 PM)lazylizy Wrote:  

Didn't know English was anything other than (GB) or lanky after all it's ENGLISH!!!!

Well I have an American neighbor on one side and an English neighbour on the other side ! Confused
06-Jun-2013, 03:07 PM
(05-Jun-2013 08:21 PM)filmoss Wrote:  
(05-Jun-2013 12:00 PM)lazylizy Wrote:  

Well I have an American neighbor on one side and an English neighbour on the other side ! Confused

Oops, sorry about that, I have no neighbours and still think English is English but we are all different..
13-Jun-2013, 03:29 AM
Is it possible, in the new forum, to choose, for one's own display, to have the date in the US format? I've become so used to the US format that I get confused by the British one.

When i was with Boeing, I deliberately dated all my correspondence with customers using the format "dd MON yy" (e.g. today would be "12 JUN 13") , whatever that format is called. I also used the Muslim dates as a secondary date-line whenever dealing with my customers in the Middle East. I remember trying to use the difference in UK and US dates as an excuse for missing a deadline, only to be told that November 23rd 1988 couldn't be mis-interpreted whichever system one was using.

Perhaps the "dd MON yy" format would be the most appropriate for a forum with a lot of overseas members?

Frank
13-Jun-2013, 08:25 AM
Frank, If you go to > User CP > Edit options, you will find fourteen different date options to choose from.

Jim
13-Jun-2013, 08:36 AM
I was just going to say that Spitfire! People often don't realise that they can set their own time.
15-Jun-2013, 10:06 AM
(13-Jun-2013 08:25 AM)Spitfire Wrote:  Frank, If you go to > User CP > Edit options, you will find fourteen different date options to choose from.

Did you get it sorted out Frank?

Jim
15-Jun-2013, 11:20 AM
Admin can do it for him if he hasn't