Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Back on the forum - finally
21-May-2013, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 21-May-2013 05:43 PM by frank-anacortes.)
Back on the forum - finally
What a hassle. I tried 15 times to get a new password under my old username, without success, so anacortesdamp is no longer in use. By the way, Admin, is there a mechanism to get myself recognised as a long-term member, rather than a new "Junior" and my previous posting totals recognised?

Frank Damp

Frank Damp (previously "anacortesdamp")
Anacortes, WA USA
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
21-May-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Back on the forum - finally
(21-May-2013 05:41 PM)frank-anacortes Wrote:  What a hassle. I tried 15 times to get a new password under my old username, without success, so anacortesdamp is no longer in use. By the way, Admin, is there a mechanism to get myself recognised as a long-term member, rather than a new "Junior" and my previous posting totals recognised?

Frank Damp

Took me 2 weeks to get in!
21-May-2013, 07:53 PM
Welcome back Frank, wondered where you'd gone.
21-May-2013, 08:38 PM
(21-May-2013 05:41 PM)frank-anacortes Wrote:  By the way, Admin, is there a mechanism to get myself recognised as a long-term member, rather than a new "Junior" and my previous posting totals recognised?

Frank Damp

Yes Frank, you should sign in under your original user name. If you cannot then I can change your password for you. Please email me to sort it out for you.
23-May-2013, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 23-May-2013 03:11 AM by anacortesdamp.)
Thanks to an intervention by Martin, my problem seems to be solved and I'm back on line as "ancortesdamp" with all my previous history. I wait with bated breath to see what happens when I log out and try to log back in again. I'm also concerned about what happens if I try to activate the "Ignore User" feature. I'm glad the see it's still there, but when I activated it when I was identified as "frank-anacortes" I couldn't log in with my new identity either.

Maybe I'll have to "ignore" by just not reading their posts.

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.