Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leyland Festival 2013
30-May-2013, 09:24 PM
Leyland Festival 2013
This year, the Festival is being held on Saturday 15th June. The theme is USA and there is an American Road Show on Sunday 16th June.

The event will start on Saturday with a vehicle parade through Leyland at 11am ending at Worden Park. The parade will feature the Festival Queen, business and local community floats, marching bands, dance troupes and heritage vehicles.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-Jun-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: Leyland Festival 2013
The reason is that the Festival will coincide with American Vehicle weekend at the Vehicle Museum.
02-Jun-2013, 06:39 PM
If the weather is like this in a couple of weeks it will be a great festival.
02-Jun-2013, 09:49 PM
I assumed it was just a typing slip. Smile
04-Jun-2013, 09:34 AM
I used to enjoy getting ratted on Lion Bitter in plastic glasses in the beer tent - not the same without Matthew Brown
04-Jun-2013, 11:50 PM
(04-Jun-2013 09:34 AM)Peter Harris Wrote:  I used to enjoy getting ratted on Lion Bitter in plastic glasses in the beer tent - not the same without Matthew Brown

By the way Pete, Psychedelic Syd died a couple of months back ! They are having a memorial gig for him at The Railway on Saturday night so i might bob in ! be rude not to ! I believe Charlie Monk is going ! Not seen in him eons !
05-Jun-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi Audrey - so we are having another Festival. Most of mine are pre-war.
Now they were Festivals - Butcher as the great British Gentleman - the Festival Queen on the decorated cart pulled by Cannings Horses in their immaculate harnesses. Then there were the Ten Little ...... Boys - Morris Dancers - the float in memory of the First War - and many things keep coming to mind. What about the Bands? Remember Leyland Motors Band leadind Morris Dancing.

Yes, I remember it all, we may have posters who can add their memories, even to the celebrations on The May Field.

Enough! enough! I can hear the cry from our members of today. Lets just end by saying you didn`t know what you have missed - when Leyland really was Leyland. William R
06-Jun-2013, 08:45 AM
Hi William, It`s good to see you in print again TongueTongue

`What about the Bands?` you say. What indeed. If my memory doesn`t fail me I think there were never fewer than ten in the parade. Coconut dancers from Colne, the jazz band led by the colored gentleman twirling his umbrella and not forgetting our local ones including Leyland, Croston and Brindle.

Jim
11-Jun-2013, 07:05 PM
Not long to go now until festival day. I don't know what the weather is like up north but it's a bit grim down here, even though the forecast was 23C.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-Jun-2013, 07:25 PM
Will John Holt be leading the parade on a horse again?