Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Well? Did anybody go?
16-Jun-2013, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 16-Jun-2013 09:55 AM by germinal.)
Well? Did anybody go?
How come nobody has said anything about the Festival? Did nobody go?

How was it?

There is absolutely nothing on the Leyland Guardian site or the LEP site.

Perhaps it wasn't yesterday, maybe we have made a mistake and it's next week.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
16-Jun-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: Well? Did anybody go?
(16-Jun-2013 09:10 AM)germinal Wrote:  How come nobody has said anything about the Festival? Did nobody go?

How was it?

There is absolutely nothing on the Leyland Guardian site or the LEP site.

Perhaps it wasn't yesterday, maybe we have made a mistake and it's next week.

Lots went, a lot were visitors from out of Leyland and I am sure a Tomlinson or someone will be saying how wonderful it was, at some stage, I know Cllr Green was doing it on his Twitter feed.

Unfortunately we had the usual aftermath of drunken teens, despite being under the age to buy alcohol, here last night.

It was the same faces (who've thankfully not been seen round here for a while) who, if there are any problems with kids, you can guarantee will be some, if not all of the visitors, so while I suspect the festival was to blame / used as an excuse because it was they same morons you can't really blame it.

It used to be like that before the Festival stopped, years ago, you could almost name who would be causing trouble, even the pubs they'd be in, before the event to place.
17-Jun-2013, 09:55 AM
Still nothing in either of the local papers about the festival and how it went. I think that is very lax of them.

Also - I am beginning to think that everybody has died on this forum. I must be the sole survivor.

Angel
17-Jun-2013, 12:27 PM
this is probably the best place to find out about the festival https://www.facebook.com/LeylandFestival?ref=hl

hope this helps
17-Jun-2013, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 17-Jun-2013 01:26 PM by germinal.)
Thank you, but no it doesn't help. I am not on Facebook any longer. Came out of it a year or so ago.

At last

http://www.leylandguardian.co.uk/news/th...-1-5774765
17-Jun-2013, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 17-Jun-2013 05:37 PM by Spitfire.)
Looks like it was a pretty decent turn-out and the children appeared to be really enjoying it.
It`s good that people have taken the trouble to resurrect this event as far too often tradition falls by the wayside and to quote retail sales patter, `once it`s gone it`s gone!).

I can remember (about a hundred years ago) spending a couple of days sticking paper rosettes onto a Jaguar car that was due to transport the festival queen in the procession. You simply couldn`t quantify the hours and hours spent preparing all the floats.

Jim
17-Jun-2013, 07:35 PM
Good video from the Leyland Guardian although I wasn't impressed by the 30 second commercial at the start of it.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-Jun-2013, 08:06 PM
(17-Jun-2013 07:35 PM)Martin Wrote:  Good video from the Leyland Guardian although I wasn't impressed by the 30 second commercial at the start of it.

It was good wasn't it. They always do that don't they, stick adverts at the beginning of videos and on Utube.