Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New post icons
29-Jun-2013, 03:09 AM
New post icons
In this new Forum list of topics, how does it identify "new" posts? I don't usually log out, but leave my connection live.

I don't see very many new post icons and was wondering whether the definition of "new" had changed. Maybe something that gets posted while I'm logged in isn't getting flagged as new.

Maybe it's a result of a lot of members not getting back on after the change. There's certainly a lot less traffic than before. I've started looking at posting dates to see if I've missed anything new, but haven't spotted anything so far.

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
29-Jun-2013, 03:38 PM
RE: New post icons
I don`t log out but have to logon every day it dosen`t keep me logged on daily. why?

djh
29-Jun-2013, 04:50 PM
I put a link into my favourites and never have to log in.
29-Jun-2013, 11:49 PM
why does this happen.

djh
30-Jun-2013, 05:02 AM
What?
30-Jun-2013, 10:28 AM
Frank, I use the 2 links at the top of the page, "View New Posts" and "View Today's Posts"
If I need to go back further I use the search feature by date and use a search term such as "the"

Dave, it must be your browser that is not keeping you logged in. You could try deleting your cookies to see if that fixes it.
02-Jul-2013, 07:33 PM
(30-Jun-2013 10:28 AM)admin Wrote:  Frank, I use the 2 links at the top of the page, "View New Posts" and "View Today's Posts"
If I need to go back further I use the search feature by date and use a search term such as "the"

Dave, it must be your browser that is not keeping you logged in. You could try deleting your cookies to see if that fixes it.

I do delete cookies daily but it still requires me to log on every time, it might be a Cretan thing, thanks for the reply.Wink

djh
02-Jul-2013, 08:02 PM
Once you have logged in, add the link to your favourites as it is. Then you won't (or shouldn't) have to log in again.
03-Jul-2013, 03:41 AM
I have the Forum on my Favorites (US spelling) on Internet Explorer 8 and in my Bookmarks on Google Chrome. Since I still have a stone-age computer running Windows XP, IE 8 is a good as it gets on Micorosoft. I don't even log out from the forum, but just go somewhere else, so when I access it again I'm still logged on.

Admin - does this present a problem, if you have correspondents logged on who aren't active?

If I log off, I have to log on next time, so it's more convenient to just navigate away and return later.

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.