Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interesting book from new author
01-Aug-2013, 04:37 PM
Interesting book from new author
I was browsing through the books my son-in-law found for me to read on my Kindle and came across a techno/enviro crime thriller that was a very good read.

It's called "Wet Desert" and was the first novel by an author named Gary Hansen. It's set in and around the Colorado River and all the dams along that river as it flows through Arizona and the Grand Canyon.

Frank
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to anacortesdamp for this post
23-Jan-2014, 04:56 AM
RE: Interesting book from new author
I got another good one for Christmas from my grand-daughter. It's called "Morning of Fire" by Scott Ridley. It tells the story of the early exploration of the countries surrounding the Pacific Ocean by American sailors and the problems they encountered with the Spanish and the British Navy.

It's interesting to us because their explorations started around the place where we live. The ship they sailed, the "Lady Washington", has been re-created in replica and is around here a lot. Of course, it has a diesel engine for getting places when the wind isn't favorable, an advantage that the original skipper didn't have.

If you're into sea-faring tales, it's a good read, even if you're not familiar with our part of the world.

Frank
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to anacortesdamp for this post