Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wigan In The Championship
04-Aug-2013, 12:22 PM
Wigan In The Championship
Great start to the season yesterday and my confidence has doubled since RM left us ! 9 good signings that have added so much depth to our squad and if they stay fit I really do think that we will romp the league. It is of course very early days but I cannot help but feel buoyed from what I have seen thus far ! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-Aug-2013, 08:53 PM
RE: Wigan In The Championship
Must agree with you Phil, great start top of league and a good away fallowing. The system changed to a more atacking formation 4 good goals, bring on Man U next week charity shield to add to FA cup?

frank h.
05-Aug-2013, 07:28 PM
9 players is almost a new team.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-Aug-2013, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-Aug-2013 10:30 PM by filmoss.)
(05-Aug-2013 07:28 PM)Martin Wrote:  9 players is almost a new team.

Exactly ! All 9 didn't figure on Saturday but the depth in the squad now is very strong ! It's a long haul especially with the Europa League added to the fixture congestion but that is where the extra 9 should make it count rotation wise !
06-Aug-2013, 08:40 PM
A minimum of 55 matches to play, more if they progress in Europe. The more depth to the squad the better, Latics web site today says they plan more new players over this month.

frank h.
19-Sep-2013, 08:49 PM
Wigans first trip into Europe tonight not a bad start, 0-0 draw against Belgium side Zulte Waregem away.

frank h.
06-Oct-2013, 07:46 PM
Sorry but Wigan just beaten Blackburn again 2-1,their seventh game in 22 days. This on top of their first home win in the Europa cup Thursday night. Also a great fight back by Wigan rugby in the Grand final last night 30-16, the town is bussing.

frank h.
06-Oct-2013, 09:32 PM
All credit to Dave Whelan. Wish we had someone with a bit of football nous at the top.
11-Nov-2013, 12:07 PM
Wigan score their first away goal since the first game of the season with a well fought 1-0 win over struggling Yeovil ! Had we not scored it would have been 10 away games on the trot without a goal ! Considering the squad had been nearly 6000 miles away in Russia a couple of days earlier this was a very pleasing victory ! Also it was our 7th game in 22 days and so to see us win away and move up to 10th with a game in hand is heart warming and should we win our game in hand ( Home to struggling Sheff Wed ) we would be in a play off place ! It will be a great achievement if we are in the playoffs after our next run of games which begins another 7 games in 22 days scenario ! 8 in 25 days if I include the Sheff Wed game ! Roll on January when hopefully the striker problem ( Lack of ! ) can be resolved ! Defense wise I am pretty happy and we have only shipped 12 league goals in 14 games, the 3rd least behind Burnley and QPR and so that is steady. ( Unlike the Martinez era ! ) The lads, or some of them can now enjoy a little break and hopefully return refreshed for the next 7 in 22 !
PS Contrary to what our manager says, I believe McClean was dropped from the team yesterday because of fear of further outrage at him refusing to wear one of the poppy embroidered shirts ! Personally I think it is down to ones own prerogative when it comes to wearing poppies ! I have never bought one !
11-Nov-2013, 05:40 PM
He should do what he's told he gets paid enough, some of these prima donnas are too full of their own importance.