Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wigan In The Championship
11-Nov-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: Wigan In The Championship
We won without him yesterday why does it matter, he may be one of the few lucky families not to have lost a relative in any conflict.
Well done wigan and well done PNE in FA cup.

frank h.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
29-Jan-2014, 10:26 AM
Looking like the play offs is going to be our only hope this season if any at all ! Our shyness in front of goal is our downfall and also the fact that we haven't got a settled starting 11 ! The rotation of the squad is just too much in my view with the back line being the most important consistency wise yet we seem to have a different back line every game ! On paper we should beat Charlton at home this coming Saturday and if we don't then I may be tempted to say mid table is going to be the end result come May ( I did say that when we went down by the way ! ). Looks like the McCarthy and Kone transfer money has been locked away in Whelans warchest ( Remember that promise ! ha ha ha ) never to see the light of day again !
30-Jan-2014, 09:45 PM
To be fair Phil Wigan have done well under Uve Rosler having just 1 defeat in the last 11 matches with a goalless draw against Middlesbrough last Tuesday night. Every game in this league is a fight, with players going down with injuries its no wonder we don't see a settled side. I for one am enjoying watching them playing with more urgency, Uve Rosler has made a better job of it than Owen Coyle.

frank h.
09-Mar-2014, 09:40 PM
Wigan are back at Wembley for the 4th time this year having just beaten Man City and will play Arsenal in the semi final. We won't give up the FA cup without a fight, this new manager has put together a great
side to watch.

frank h.
10-Mar-2014, 10:00 AM
Good luck to them, nice to see the millionaires beaten. Getting back in the Prem is more important than winning the FA Cup Frank, sadly.
10-Mar-2014, 09:33 PM
The way it is going they could do both Noel, we are in joint 5th place with 2 games in hand. Since Uve Rossler took over they have played 20 games and lost only 2. The whole town is buzzing.

frank h.
11-Mar-2014, 01:50 AM
Excellent result for Wigan
11-Mar-2014, 01:13 PM
(10-Mar-2014 09:33 PM)frank h Wrote:  The way it is going they could do both Noel, we are in joint 5th place with 2 games in hand. Since Uve Rossler took over they have played 20 games and lost only 2. The whole town is buzzing.

frank h.

7th Frank though as you say 2 games in hand and if they get at least 4 points they'd go up to 5th
08-May-2016, 07:56 PM
Great rejoicing at the D W today, Wigan crowned league 1 champions back in championship next season to play against PNE.

frank h.
10-May-2016, 02:44 PM
Good news Frank. I wonder what they are charging for season tickets? Mine this next season is £270. Standard adult ones are around £400 I think. Pity about Blackpool, can they sink any lower as a club?