Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wigan In The Championship
10-May-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: Wigan In The Championship
Noel!
Repeat season tickets were promised this next season at £199 but they are staying at that price all around the ground for new ticket holders and £179 for existing repeats. I doubt any other team in the championship can match these prices, they are offering seats in the family end for 1 parent at these prices with upto 2 children under 16 going free. Sorry for Blackpool but Wigan didn't do them any favors winning 4-1, the blame seems to lie at the feet of the ownership.

frank h.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-May-2016, 06:47 PM
I believe Huddersfield can Frank, £179 to all areas I believe they've sold 11000 already, though only 2nd hand information. There aren't many North Enders feeling sorry for Blackpool. They're thanking "agent Oyston" for his good work. Personally I enjoyed the local Derby which goes back over a century. As did the Burnley one who are also gone again. And Bolton!. Blackburn is now the only nearby team with longevity and Wigan who incidentally always played good attacking football at deepdale. The Roberts/Ellington partnership was outstanding.
11-May-2016, 08:26 PM
Noel
Speaking of Nathan Elington he will be putting on the shirt and boots for a Wigan Legends team to play against a Dutch Masters team lead by 3 ex Wigan players; Arjan De Zeeuw's, Denny Landzaat and Jorg Smeets plus many ex premier league Dutch players all for charity this Friday at Ashton Town FC.

frank h.
12-May-2016, 06:12 PM
Heck of a player in his prime, when North End signed him on loan age 30 he was a shadow of his best. He finished his career at Southport age just 32. Think he's only 34 now! Wigan certainly got the best out of him though how much was that down to the rest of the team that tore North end apart at Wigan 5-0