Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'Likes' Or 'Thank Yous'
06-Sep-2013, 12:36 PM
'Likes' Or 'Thank Yous'
Is it possible to add something that enables members to 'Like' a post as in FaceBook or maybe add a 'Thank You' as you can on the WAFC forum ?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-Sep-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: 'Likes' Or 'Thank Yous'
(06-Sep-2013 12:36 PM)filmoss Wrote:  Is it possible to add something that enables members to 'Like' a post as in FaceBook or maybe add a 'Thank You' as you can on the WAFC forum ?

I like this.Cool
06-Sep-2013, 06:22 PM
(06-Sep-2013 06:09 PM)noel Wrote:  
(06-Sep-2013 12:36 PM)filmoss Wrote:  Is it possible to add something that enables members to 'Like' a post as in FaceBook or maybe add a 'Thank You' as you can on the WAFC forum ?

I like this.Cool

I meant just a single click ! Cool
06-Sep-2013, 07:10 PM
(06-Sep-2013 06:22 PM)filmoss Wrote:  
(06-Sep-2013 06:09 PM)noel Wrote:  

I like this.Cool

I meant just a single click ! Cool

I know, it was my feeble attempt at humour. I did say in a previous post, the one where Martin posted a photo of the O2 arena that it would be good if we could "nice it" rather than adding a comment such as "Oooo I like that"
06-Sep-2013, 07:12 PM
Click
06-Sep-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm looking into it.

Something like this...

[Image: 19236-1259141370-tyl_modern_postbit_ty.png]
06-Sep-2013, 11:26 PM
Does the forum really need all that? First of all it surely needs more posting members, and the current members to post more rather than some rating system. You are in danger of frightening off potential new posters rather than encouraging them to join in and post.
07-Sep-2013, 10:26 AM
I don't think a "Thank You" button will put people off. What we need is something to draw people to the forum, like a competition to win £1 million Wink

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-Sep-2013, 10:49 AM
Gimmicks won't up your post count
07-Sep-2013, 10:58 AM
I tend to think that too many `short-cuts` would detract from the content submitted, which already is in need of a major injection.

The way forward, if you want to thank somebody for something is to TELL them so. Simply clicking a `thumb-up` button is quite meaningless and self defeating regarding forum content.

I say this, not to be at odds with other views, but for the good of the forum.

Another thought (and this is a personal one), having a long list of members who have NEVER contributed gives the impression to anyone browsing that it`s not a very interesting place to visit and such members, after a reasonable time (say six months) should be swept out. It would be far more appetizing to have a smaller, vibrant membership rather than racking up a load of deadwood.

Jim