Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'Likes' Or 'Thank Yous'
09-Sep-2013, 08:13 AM
RE: 'Likes' Or 'Thank Yous'
(08-Sep-2013 10:21 PM)germinal Wrote:  What the hell do you want it for?

Now there`s a good question. Another one is - would he ever use it???TongueBig GrinSmileAngel

Jim
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-Sep-2013, 08:18 AM
I think he's trying to turn this forum into a Facebook clone.
09-Sep-2013, 09:56 AM
We will get one anyhow because Martin knows that it may even entice some of the lurkers of the site to get involved, even if it is just a 'Thank You' From acorns and all that b****cks ! Rolleyes
09-Sep-2013, 10:39 AM
If I was lurking on a forum, a thank you button would be the last thing I would be looking for and it certainly wouldn't entice me. It is interesting posts that would draw me in. Something to agree with, something to argue against - that is what would do it I'm sure of that.
09-Sep-2013, 10:44 AM
Not wishing to lock horns Phil, But how would a lurker pressing a thank-you button enhance the forum? It`s printed content that`s needed, not someone sitting in the shadows pushing a button or two. There is not enough of the former and FAR too many of the latter at present.

Jim
09-Sep-2013, 11:04 AM
It's all down to prerogatives and if someone feels the urge to endorse a particular post without wanting to get directly involved then what better way than to hit the button ! We use a 'Thank You' feature on one of the WAFC forums I use and there have never been any issues with it !
09-Sep-2013, 12:37 PM
Phil, I wasn`t questioning the reliability of the button system, simply it`s usefulness. My personal view on this subject is that ONE written contribution is worth far more than fifty button pushes to the forum.

I have been a member of several modeling forums for years and many have the button system (in several cases it`s `applaud - smite`) which never appear to get used and I certainly never even look at them.
As an example, what would six votes one way and five the other convey to you, apart from the obvious?

Jim
09-Sep-2013, 09:40 PM
(09-Sep-2013 12:37 PM)Spitfire Wrote:  Phil, I wasn`t questioning the reliability of the button system, simply it`s usefulness. My personal view on this subject is that ONE written contribution is worth far more than fifty button pushes to the forum.

I have been a member of several modeling forums for years and many have the button system (in several cases it`s `applaud - smite`) which never appear to get used and I certainly never even look at them.
As an example, what would six votes one way and five the other convey to you, apart from the obvious?

Well if we get one we get one and if we don't we don't ! The thing with the footy forum is that it is a fairly active site with many threads running, both old and new and sometimes you don't have the time to comment on everything you read and so a quick acknowledgment via the 'Button' is handy !
10-Sep-2013, 08:45 AM
Oh here y'are then Phil

[Image: like.jpg]
10-Sep-2013, 09:37 AM
Should there not also be a `dislike` button?

Jim