Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low activity level
I haven't a clue how to start a new thread now, so I'll post here. I recently went to see the old underground reservoir that was Leyland's 1st, built in Back Lane just off the A6 at Clayton. Leyland Guardian have put a video on their website of it, viewed here http://www.leylandguardian.co.uk/news/lo...-1-6226939
(09-Nov-2013, 02:45 PM)noel Wrote: I haven't a clue how to start a new thread now, so I'll post here. I recently went to see the old underground reservoir that was Leyland's 1st, built in Back Lane just off the A6 at Clayton. Leyland Guardian have put a video on their website of it, viewed here http://www.leylandguardian.co.uk/news/lo...-1-6226939

Noel, to start a new thread I click on where it says Leyland Forum right at the top with the green background and then for your reservoir post you would then scroll down to 'Leyland Talk', click it and over to the right you will see the 'New Thread' box !
I've sent out a couple of emails this week regarding the lack of activity.

The first email was sent to all members with 0 posts and the second went to all members who haven't visited the forum this year (2013).

There is a useful tool on the forum for pruning members which I shall use in January for members who either haven't posted or who haven't visited during the previous 12 months.
(11-Nov-2013, 11:33 AM)filmoss Wrote:
(09-Nov-2013, 02:45 PM)noel Wrote: I haven't a clue how to start a new thread now, so I'll post here. I recently went to see the old underground reservoir that was Leyland's 1st, built in Back Lane just off the A6 at Clayton. Leyland Guardian have put a video on their website of it, viewed here http://www.leylandguardian.co.uk/news/lo...-1-6226939

Noel, to start a new thread I click on where it says Leyland Forum right at the top with the green background and then for your reservoir post you would then scroll down to 'Leyland Talk', click it and over to the right you will see the 'New Thread' box !

Guess I'm thicker than I thought Phil, still struggling.
Noel, first of all make sure you are logged in.

1. Click on the Leyland Forum logo at the top of the page. (this will take you to the forum home page).

2. scroll down to the correct forum e.g Leyland Forum.

3. click on the category you want e.g Leyland Talk

4. Click the button on the top right of the forum which says "New Thread"
(20-Nov-2013, 02:30 PM)admin Wrote: Noel, first of all make sure you are logged in.

1. Click on the Leyland Forum logo at the top of the page. (this will take you to the forum home page).

2. scroll down to the correct forum e.g Leyland Forum.

3. click on the category you want e.g Leyland Talk

4. Click the button on the top right of the forum which says "New Thread"

Got it now, hadn't viewed the whole forum content before as I normally start with the new posts option. Thanks.
The place is getting more moribund by the day, which is a real departure from the activity levels it had a few years ago. I'm the only person to have posted since Christmas Eve (three days ago my time, four days ago UK time). Where the hell is everyone. Did so many of our previous "regulars" give up on trying to re-qualify for the new version? I almost did, and it took quite a lot of effort on Martin's part to get me back on with my old username and (more importantly to me) my posting record.

As one example. we haven't heard from "accystan" since the new Forum format appeared. He lives in Canada about 120 miles from me and was a frequent correspondent. As I recall, he was a neighbor of Noel's by the Farington Conservative Club, knew my cousins who lived across the road and may have known Dedrah Shufflebottom. There are many others who were frequent correspondents who have disappeared. Come to think about it, I haven't seen a post from Dedrah for quite some time.

What can we do to get these folks back? I'd be willing to start a "why don't you participate any more" e-mail campaign if Admin thinks it would be worthwhile. Being a retiree, I have a lot of time to spend on "interesting" projects.

I have an uneasy feeling that this forum may die from non-participation, which would be a siginficant blow to me. I'm not a fan of Facebook or Twitter, mainly because they are so wide-ranging and non-discriminatory, and I don't participate in either. Eileen uses FB to keep in touch with our offspring and their family members, including our son and d-i-l in Japan.

I'd rather use location or interest-based newsgroups like this one, that keep the amount of traffic down to a reasonably manageable level and also keep the interested party participation to a specific subject or interest.

Comments?

Frank
(29-Dec-2013, 04:21 AM)anacortesdamp Wrote: The place is getting more moribund by the day, which is a real departure from the activity levels it had a few years ago. I'm the only person to have posted since Christmas Eve (three days ago my time, four days ago UK time). Where the hell is everyone. Did so many of our previous "regulars" give up on trying to re-qualify for the new version? I almost did, and it took quite a lot of effort on Martin's part to get me back on with my old username and (more importantly to me) my posting record.

As one example. we haven't heard from "accystan" since the new Forum format appeared. He lives in Canada about 120 miles from me and was a frequent correspondent. As I recall, he was a neighbor of Noel's by the Farington Conservative Club, knew my cousins who lived across the road and may have known Dedrah Shufflebottom. There are many others who were frequent correspondents who have disappeared. Come to think about it, I haven't seen a post from Dedrah for quite some time.

What can we do to get these folks back? I'd be willing to start a "why don't you participate any more" e-mail campaign if Admin thinks it would be worthwhile. Being a retiree, I have a lot of time to spend on "interesting" projects.

I have an uneasy feeling that this forum may die from non-participation, which would be a siginficant blow to me. I'm not a fan of Facebook or Twitter, mainly because they are so wide-ranging and non-discriminatory, and I don't participate in either. Eileen uses FB to keep in touch with our offspring and their family members, including our son and d-i-l in Japan.

I'd rather use location or interest-based newsgroups like this one, that keep the amount of traffic down to a reasonably manageable level and also keep the interested party participation to a specific subject or interest.

Comments?
fully agree Frank,I allmost lost the will to live trying to get back on the new forum format and it may well be that others you mention gave up trying, I fully remember my introduction to the forum by trying to get a recipe search for parched peas and low and behold one of the ads was for the Leyland forum I was thrilled to get a local interest based group website.Big Grin
Frank
djh
Frank, I don't know what forum you are looking at but you are not the only person to have posted since xmas eve.

All logging in problems were resolved as soon as they were reported. No one is having any problems logging in, because if they were, they would have asked for help by now.

People will post if they want to, you can't force them to join in.
Martin ~
Dedrah doesn't even post on Facebook these days, I guess her pottery work has taken over.