Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low activity level
Hmmm - don't know if I agree with the above as a broad statement. If the Forum were only to discuss issues within the boundary fence of Leyland, then maybe, but we talk about anything, from anywhere, in which case taking only the insular views of non-travelling Leyland residents may give a very unbalanced picture of an issue. I think we should all say what we think, but be mindful of how our words can affect others. Just like at work, read a mail three or four times before sending it.
(06-Jan-2014, 02:02 AM)Peter Harris Wrote: Hmmm - don't know if I agree with the above as a broad statement. If the Forum were only to discuss issues within the boundary fence of Leyland, then maybe, but we talk about anything, from anywhere, in which case taking only the insular views of non-travelling Leyland residents may give a very unbalanced picture of an issue. I think we should all say what we think, but be mindful of how our words can affect others. Just like at work, read a mail three or four times before sending it.

As usual Peter short and to the point, I could not have put it better myself, many thanks speaking for all who use this excellent website and retain a love and interest in Leyland and its people from other areas, the world now is global not insular, remembering we still have family living and working in and around the Leyland area and are kept up to date on the Leyland scene.
After yet another plug from myself on Facebook the other day 'Sandyship' just left this reply......

Sandra Jean Cowan "Phil I agree with frank. it is so hard to get on the forum now. even given the new password. I can't get on and have given up mostly... shame because I enjoyed contributing."
8 hours ago ยท Like
Is'nt technology wonderful
I think Phil & Peter have hit the nail on the head as regards low activity, a lot of the posters in the past pre the new forum like myself are not computer buffs and can just about manage to post on forums, I personally post on four, 3 here on Crete and our Leyland forum, but found the new updated forum very difficult to get back on, it was maybe my own inability or teething troubles with the new format.
djh
The initial complexity that was in place for joining the forum and changing passwords has been removed.

The Captcha has been turned off and the lockout feature changed, so there shouldn't be any reason for people not being able to log in.

I am unable to replicate any of the issues reported here, but if anyone does have a problem they should email ("Contact us" link at bottom of page) describing exactly what is happening when they enter their password.

I suspect that all the people who have had problems are in different time zones to the UK.
Martin ~
I found it impossible to log in at the beginning but since then no problem whatsoever, though I still haven't come to terms fully with the changes. I used, for example to be able to bring up posts from several days ago. Can't work out how to do that now.
Noel - go to Search options; you'll find there's one for 'a week ago'. Put a word like 'the' or 'and' in the keyword box. Bob's your uncle!
Jerry Threlfall
Aw, cheers Jerryt so simple as well.
Or, Jerry, in more formal terms "Robert is your mother's brother".

One thing I don't understand about Martin's post is how can a former member, who can't get a password reset and therefore can't get onto the forum, e-mail anyone in Admin? I don't think most folks would have saved Martin'e e-mail address elsewhere. I messed about for about a month before I hit on the idea of re-enrolling under a different username and password so I could get to the membership list for his address.

Frank