09-Jan-2014, 11:20 AM
RE: Low activity level
Is Fanny your father's sister?!

Jerry Threlfall
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-Jan-2014, 01:42 PM
I don't think you fully read my post Frank.

"Contact us" link at bottom of page

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-Jan-2014, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 14-Jan-2014 04:40 AM by anacortesdamp.)
It's January 14th, and there haven't been any posts, in the subject areas I look at every day, since the 11th. This place is dead - how long will it survive? I post fairly frequently, as do Noel, Audrey, Jerry T and a few other overseas contributors. Where the heck are the other 500-some odd members?

Is there a risk that the forum might end up being disbanded in the next year for lack of interest. I'd miss it, but the present lack of activity is discouraging.

Frank
14-Jan-2014, 09:54 AM
I concur Frank, where is everybody? Can't be Facebook, there is no real discussion going on there, just one liners.
14-Jan-2014, 06:56 PM
(14-Jan-2014 09:54 AM)noel Wrote:  I concur Frank, where is everybody? Can't be Facebook, there is no real discussion going on there, just one liners.

I think it can be traced back to the forum change, most of the older posters will have given up trying to re-register, surely the old list could have been kept and moved onto the new format.

djh
14-Jan-2014, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 14-Jan-2014 11:09 PM by Martin.)
Dave, all members have been moved across to the new forum. There is no need for anyone to re-register.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-Jan-2014, 03:10 AM
looks like I got on this time Martin. used "Ask" as my search engine

[/font]
16-Jan-2014, 09:43 AM
Nearly died of shock this morning when I signed into the forum, to see such a number of messages then realised three of them were from one source.I have been a member a few years have participated to some extent, but regularly visit to see if owt new of interest.
In the beginning there seemed to be plenty of debate but ruled by only one or two stalwarts, To be honest the art of debate in the younger generation is dead,This Facebook page Leyland memories does have some good Photos but very little debate is generated all one line comments.
The pace of todays living does not lend itself to sitting down and joining in a debate on your internet device, I have tried to get friends and family to take a look but they all tell me it is boring. I say wouldn't be if you participated and promoted some friendly banter and debate.
Do not know what the answer is perhaps we should promote ourselves on this South Ribble Radio, Anyway I for one would be very sad to see the forum disappear thro lack of interest.
16-Jan-2014, 10:58 AM
(16-Jan-2014 09:43 AM)Fiverise Wrote:  Nearly died of shock this morning when I signed into the forum, to see such a number of messages then realised three of them were from one source.I have been a member a few years have participated to some extent, but regularly visit to see if owt new of interest.
In the beginning there seemed to be plenty of debate but ruled by only one or two stalwarts, To be honest the art of debate in the younger generation is dead,This Facebook page Leyland memories does have some good Photos but very little debate is generated all one line comments.
The pace of todays living does not lend itself to sitting down and joining in a debate on your internet device, I have tried to get friends and family to take a look but they all tell me it is boring. I say wouldn't be if you participated and promoted some friendly banter and debate.
Do not know what the answer is perhaps we should promote ourselves on this South Ribble Radio, Anyway I for one would be very sad to see the forum disappear thro lack of interest.

Agreed, it does seem to be those of us who are retired and have more time to read and reply to the posts, I also tried to get my family members interested but they are very active and busy leyland professionals and find little time for local debate on line with any of the chat websites.

djh
17-Jan-2014, 04:47 AM
(16-Jan-2014 08:34 AM)audpluswesties Wrote:  
(16-Jan-2014 03:10 AM)sandyship Wrote:  looks like I got on this time Martin. used "Ask" as my search engine

[/font]

Good to see you back Sandy Wink
Perhaps that's a clue - Sandy had to use a different search engine.
Martin PLEASE note - you can't use anything on the page when you can't access the forum. Whatever the problem, I couldn't get on in UK, no time zone difference and the forum couldn't be accessed for a long time. I too, very nearly gave up.
I also disagree re FB Noel. I kicked against it for a long time on the generally-oldies view of open diary etc. but have learned about privacy choices/settings and thoroughly enjoy it every day. That is, I think, mostly because, as well as general Friends pages I use Chorley Then And Now covering my home town with current/varying issues as well as Leyland Memories (school and living there a handful of years) but it gets a tad monotonous.
If this forum bridged the gap 'tween memories and current issues I'm sure it would revive.
Believe me I never thought I'd ever be a convert but I am - how about giving it a trial at least?

thanks Audrey. realise I can now only log on through ASk. Google. MSN.NZ.. don't work. but it shows that it is a problem with search engines
PS. I'm a FB fan also. I can

always get in touch with my 3 sons in Aussie via Fb they are on all the time.