Preston North End 2004-2005
31-Oct-2004, 07:38 PM

Lost them both 0-2.
Quote this message in a reply
31-Oct-2004, 10:08 PM

quote:

Originally posted by David

Lost them both 0-2.

Ipswich was 3-0 but we had a good doal disallowed and they had a blatant handball that lead up to their first goal. The referees unfortunately make a lot of mistakes that are clear on video play-backs, but of course they have to make a decision in real time. I sympathise .
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
31-Oct-2004, 11:47 PM

Oh dear! What are their chances at Coventry then?

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-Nov-2004, 08:52 AM

I think the score will be the same. Apart from Cressy, PNE haven't got any strikers. However I believe a new player will be brought in this week, maybe Ian Hulme of Tranmere.
02-Nov-2004, 02:49 PM

Originally posted by David

Lost them both 0-2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ipswich was 3-0

Oop's sorry. My PC is running at 28.8 speed so they must have scored again while I was waiting for the page to load ;-))
05-Nov-2004, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by noel

It's a big ground we are going to tomorrow, Leeds United's Elland Road.

We,(my friend and I), once went to Elland Road as a guest of one of their directors. They were playing 4 v 0 Man City prior to the Premier League.

It was a wet amd windy day. We had free parking tickets although it was parking in a very muddy field opposite the ground.
Prior to the kick-off we were invited into the directors bar for a couple of pints then as the players came out for the game a buzzer sounded and we all made our way to our seats..in the directors box..and were handed a program. At half time it was back to the directors bar, two more pints and a few sandwiches or pies..all free[Big Grin] Once again the buzzer sounded, it was back to our seats again for the second half.
Full time, back to the directors bar, two more pints and another pie. The giant TV is on with all the results etc., and then after about 20 minutes the Man of the Match is introduced to the 'members' and has to give a short speech before receiving his 'just reward', a bottle of Scotch !! On the way out we are given the Last Football newspaper, just delivered, to read on the drive home.
Now that's how to watch football [8D][8D]
06-Nov-2004, 09:46 PM

Agreed David, it sounds fun.
Today's game versus Leeds before a crowd of 18,500, a sell out, well I'm speecless and embarassed. 2-4. we were 3 down in the first half. That's the way to lose supporters, well done PNE in front of your largest home crowd this season. Well done, NOT!!
07-Nov-2004, 04:31 PM

You have to keep the faith Noel. North End have done nothing for a little over 40 years, and even if they were fortunate enough to gain promotion, they would probably get relegated the following season.
You have to ask yourself this question. Do I support this team because I don't mind watching inferior football, or should I change my affiliation and support...say Bolton...or some other local Premiership club ? I have to admire supporters of clubs in the lower divisions when there are other much more attractive clubs to be seen not too far away. I have a dear friend who lives in Walton le dale. He supports Blackpool !! Now why would anyone from Walton le dale support lowly Blackpool when there are so many glamour clubs in the area...there's nowt funnier than folk ;-))
07-Nov-2004, 06:11 PM

I know of a supporter who watched PNE during the sixties and onwards (wembley '64) then come the Jack Walker revolution switched to Blackburn.
I would sooner get knocked down by a number 109 bus than watch the plastics.
I have a workmate who supports Hereford United home and away, season ticket holder. He's mad as a hatter in my opinion but a true supporter.
08-Nov-2004, 06:30 AM

But Noel, the 'plastics' are just men who represent the team and could one day be transfered and play for North End. If that happened, would you then stop watching North End ? Where is your logic ? How many North Enders were born in Preston....let me hazard a guess...NONE.
Two weeks ago, one of your hero's was probably Healy, and before him Fuller. Are they now demons because thay have moved on to better themselves ??