Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
South Australian Masters Soccer League
18-Oct-2004, 01:37 PM

Thanks Dave
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
16-Mar-2005, 12:16 PM

Well, the 2005 S.A Masters season is due to start just after Easter. We played a friendly against Taveners (lost 3-0) last Sunday and we have a game against Latin Knights this week.
At this time of year we are at an even higher level of unfitness than we are during the season so its especially tough. However once we have had a bit of a run around and have honed our pedestrian ball skills we'll be okay. Over the next few weeks we will have other problems to deal with - hangovers on matchday, players being forbidden to play by their wives and an increase in the price of the beer.
During the season I will endeavour to report on how our team, Austria, goes. It probably won't be that well.
Incidently, I don't think anyone in the league is likely to be tapped up, whatever that means.
Cheers, Dave
16-Mar-2005, 03:20 PM

Good luck Dave. I'll be watching for your results. And PLEASE, be nice to the refs ;-))
Quote this message in a reply
16-Mar-2005, 03:54 PM

Aye good luck Dave, let us know how you get on.
03-Apr-2005, 07:58 AM

Dave, our season has just finished, we have a tournament this weekend. There will be 16 over 50 teams and eight over 55. We will play three games and then, if you keep winning, you might have to play a fourth on Sunday afternoon. We lost this morning 1-0 but won 4-0 this afternoon, we,ll see how many walking wounded show up tomorrow.
03-Apr-2005, 04:23 PM

Good luck Bryan. I have three games to ref today, (over 30's). And the temp is into the 80's, so I could lose a pound or two this afternoon ;-))
05-Apr-2005, 05:44 AM

Hi Bryan and David

Well, our season didn't start too well. Only 9 playes turned up and we lost 9-0[V][V]. All up hill from here though[?][?]
05-Apr-2005, 07:03 AM

Nine players!!! What do say Dave, if they keep us in beer, do you fancy a "road trip".
25-Apr-2005, 11:26 AM

Well, after losing the first 3 games we managed a hard fought 2-1 victory against Rovers in sweltering conditions (an unseasonal 29 deg. C).[Big Grin][8D]I think one of the lads from the opposition said it all. When shaking hands at the end of the match he proclaimed "See you in the second division with us next year!"
In the Masters League there are more than the occasional moments of humour. In last weeks game the opposition wanted to make a substitution but the sub was busy chatting on his mobile phone.Talking to Mourinho perhaps.........

Cheers, Dave
26-Apr-2005, 05:08 PM

The road trip souonds OK to me Bryan. However, seeing as they recovered for the next game, maybe we'll just stay put !!
Our season (Spring), still has a few weeks remaining. We finish in early June for the summer break. I'm still reffing two or three games a week. Three is one too many though. How's your league getting on Bryan ?? Did you get the Conference page I posted for you ??