Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
South Australian Masters Soccer League
27-Apr-2005, 02:28 PM

David, I hope the reffing goes well and the players don't give you a hard time. Most of the players with white line fever have been banned from our league and consequently its easy money for the refs[Big Grin]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-May-2005, 12:13 AM

Our league has just finished Dave, we,re off to Vernon for a tournament on the May long weekend and then in July we entered a team in the B.C. seniors games. Yes I got the conference page thanks, Ive been checking it all season, it,s a great site. JOHN L. O.K. I,ll ask, what the heck is "White line fever"?
06-May-2005, 04:29 AM

Bryan,"White line fever" is a term used for players who once they enter a football field are transformed from normal, everyday blokes to nutters. The white line in the phrase referring to the touch line. In other words once some people "cross the white line" they undergo a Jekyll and Hyde type change in personality.
06-May-2005, 03:55 PM

And a very good description 'White Line Fever' is. I was one of 'em. The game does send you a bit crazy don't you think ? Grrrr ;-))
Our league goes thru to June, no games this weekend...Mothers Day ;-(
Quote this message in a reply
06-May-2005, 10:51 PM

Hmm, I suppose, but I thought that was "normal". There,s a game to be won!!!
09-May-2005, 05:22 AM

Nowt wrong with playing it hard. I was referring to violent conduct - starting punch-ups etc.
17-May-2005, 11:59 AM

Well, we played with 8 players [Sad] against San Marco and lost 7-1 the week before Mother's Day. Sunday just gone our squad was bolstered (to 10 players) for the game against College which we lost 3-0.
Both matches were very tight for over an hour before we let a few goals in.
I must say that even though we are unable to put out 11 players nearly every week the players who turn up are still enjoying it. All about the love of the game I suppose. I won't even mention the diabolical reffing in the College game......
17-May-2005, 02:27 PM

Can't be good for morale Dave, only 8 players turning up.
Isn't there a minimum number, without which a game has to be cancelled? 7 rings a bell.
19-May-2005, 04:25 AM

I think 7 is the minimum number to start a game Noel although I hope it doesn't come to that! We have more than enough players who were prepared to play at the beginning of the season so it's case of 11 -14 showing up at the same time.
19-May-2005, 10:52 AM

Good luck with it Dave, my son played for New Longton junior teams (U11,U12,U13 etc) for a while and they were struggling for numbers and of course when they got hammered because they were short of players, it put others off turning up, they finished bottom of the league but the players who did play received an award at the Lancs FA annual awards for sportsmanship and of course that's what it's all about, he was a proud lad that night.