Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PNE season 2014-15
03-Aug-2014, 07:33 PM
PNE season 2014-15
The start of a new season this Saturday, Notts County at home. I'll be in my usual seat in Block C of The Invincibles, ever optimistic that thiis will be the year. It's sad to see my friend's face who is a donkey lasher, he'll be glad to see the Oystons out of Bloomfield Road. Still it's a laugh.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-Aug-2014, 07:51 PM
RE: PNE season 2014-15
I think they are going to do a lot better this season.
04-Aug-2014, 08:35 AM
We are hoping to have Scott Fitzgerald presented to the fans at some point before the game, or maybe half time. He's the lad from Preston who won a gold medal on Saturday at boxing in the welterweight division. Apparently a big fan of the team.
05-Aug-2014, 02:13 AM
Excellent
10-Aug-2014, 09:22 AM
Glorious sunny day, 3 new players on show and a big disappointment. How fast optimism can vanish, like the white sprays the referees used in the world cup recently.
10-Aug-2014, 01:47 PM
Oh well, I suppose it could have been worse Noel.
10-Aug-2014, 06:36 PM
It could germinal, it could also have been a lot better, 1st half I don't know how PNE didn't score 3, hit the crossbar with a header from a corner,, goal disallowed, and 3 brilliant saves from Carroll, Notts County's tactics were awful, on 7 occasions a player collapsed to the ground for treatment, to break up play. Bailey Wright, PNE's Ozzy centre back, actually dragged one off the pitch so play could carry on, the player miraculously recovered without treatment. When Carroll went down I thought he was dead, he didn't move for fully 1 minute until their physio, a young female carrying a backpack that looked bigger than her ran on to treat him, she ran on 6 further times but eventually ditched the backpack, realising their players were faking injury. And the ref did nothing about it.
12-Aug-2014, 08:40 AM

16-Aug-2014, 05:13 PM
4 nil eh? Not a bad start! Smile
19-Aug-2014, 10:52 AM
No not bad germinal, we're hoping for more of it at home to give us homers something to shout about. I refuse to go to any away games to avoid having to stand all game thanks to the younger ones at the front who seem to think it's better.