Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Great British Bake off
29-Aug-2014, 06:33 PM
The Great British Bake off
Is anyone watching this program? I guess you'd have to live in the UK. Last week's episode was hilarious when an elderly lady allegedly took a fellow contestant's Arctic baked roll out of the freezer resulting in all the ice cream melting and said contestant hurling the mess in the rubbish bin and storming off. The irony is he has the most odd hair and beard shape, and the lady was called Beard.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
29-Aug-2014, 10:33 PM
RE: The Great British Bake off
Never noticed that coincidence Noel!

It is a good programme - I wouldn't miss it.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to germinal for this post
30-Aug-2014, 12:51 PM
I read an article by the lady saying that the editors stitched her up. She took out the ice cream for about 30 seconds while she was looking for something, but the programme was edited to look like she left it out to melt. Typical X-factor headline grabbing over-hyping that goes on in TV these days.

Talking of which, the X-Factor is back on tonight. Funny that Cheryl revealed her marriage recently with lots of publicity and her and Cowell have been doing lots magazine interviews talking about fall-outs etc. What a load of drivel.

I think X-Factor has had it's day and should move aside for some real Saturday night television.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-Aug-2014, 04:51 PM
I never watch anything where Simon Cowell is involved. They just con the public who are stupid enough to spend good money voting.
30-Aug-2014, 07:23 PM
I have to agree with you and I've never liked Cheryl whatsisname ever since she beat that toilet cleaner up.
I haven't watched X Factor for 6 years or more but I bet the singers have a sob story and the judges will be seen wiping away a tear or two then stating "you owned that song" "you made that song your own" Thank heaven for Casualty.
30-Aug-2014, 10:12 PM
I have taped umpteen episodes of Allo Allo to fill in between bakeoff episodes. Big Grin
02-Sep-2014, 05:07 AM
Ha Ha Ha, this is the best thread I've read in ages. They could get you to watch a programme about watching paint dry if they wanted to............................
02-Sep-2014, 07:47 AM
Talking about watching paint dry..............does anyone actually still watch the X Factor?
02-Sep-2014, 11:44 AM
My daughter in law loves X Factor, I tell her they're all brain dead on there she also watches TOWIE and Big Brother, absolutely nothing with any intelligence involved, I despair.
12-Sep-2014, 06:49 AM
Do you get the American "Cake Boss" in the UK? , where the contestants all turn up covered in tattoos and piercings and bandanna's and yell and swear cry crocodile tears and fight and undermine, sabotage and connive to be the one who gets their "dream" as the top prize - to work in a CAKE SHOP run by a family of over-confident loud mouthed American Italians.