Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ex BTR employee
14-Feb-2015, 11:42 PM
Ex BTR employee
Hi there. Have lived in NZ for the last 33 years! Am wondering if anyone remembers me from BTR Maintenance dept. Especially would like to contact Dave Adams.Worked there from 73 to 82.Have recently retired and have more time on my hands to hark back to the past! Best wishes Steve .
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
15-Feb-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: Ex BTR employee
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-Feb-2015, 08:04 PM
Star RE: Ex BTR employee
(14-Feb-2015 11:42 PM)Steve Davies Wrote:  Hi there. Have lived in NZ for the last 33 years! Am wondering if anyone remembers me from BTR Maintenance dept. Especially would like to contact Dave Adams.Worked there from 73 to 82.Have recently retired and have more time on my hands to hark back to the past! Best wishes Steve .

I did work there on mandrill welding, do you remember Tony Pope I think he was an engineer on maintenance and a union rep, I was there in the 60s at the golden hill plant in the maintenance then moved to the new plant on Centurion way.

djh
15-Feb-2015, 08:41 PM
I worked there from '64 to '79 but don't remember you Steve, though knew Dave Adams. Jim Bradley, Eric Lishman? not sure of that surname Eric somebody or other. Terry Donnelly in primary are names I remember, I saw Terry about 3 years ago at the gym he said he was 74 then I think? but though I still go to the same gym I haven't seen him recently. Incidentally there is still a small rubber company on the centurion way site http://www.lrcltd.co.uk/
15-Feb-2015, 11:41 PM
(15-Feb-2015 08:41 PM)noel Wrote:  I worked there from '64 to '79 but don't remember you Steve, though knew Dave Adams. Jim Bradley, Eric Lishman? not sure of that surname Eric somebody or other. Terry Donnelly in primary are names I remember, I saw Terry about 3 years ago at the gym he said he was 74 then I think? but though I still go to the same gym I haven't seen him recently. Incidentally there is still a small rubber company on the centurion way site http://www.lrcltd.co.uk/
hi Noel I worked in primary processing ,L&B then back to the hose shop at B T R working with Dave Adams ,liman Waits,Jon Johnson,Steve Alty,Tony Pope,Bob Roscoe,Dennis MacKillwham,I do remember Terry he worked in primary processing, and also Eric ran the machine shop maybe its a long time ago,when i was in the hose shop i do remember the foremans nane (Happy Jack) miserable so&so
16-Feb-2015, 02:32 PM
Jon Johnson's still working there Steve, chief engineer, Steve Alty knew him well . I worked at l&b as well from 88 to closure so probably could share a few names there too. Jim Marsden was in charge of engineers then.