Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Clarkson
27-Mar-2015, 04:05 AM
Clarkson
So what do we all think about Clarkson getting the boot?????
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
27-Mar-2015, 08:41 AM
RE: Clarkson
He's too right wing for the beeb Peter, it was just a matter of time. Personally I like his style but you can't condone thumping someone . All 3 now go as a package as Hamster and May's contracts expire this summer. I just hope it's a channel I can get !
27-Mar-2015, 01:54 PM
What's all the fuss about? If you hit someone at work you get sacked. Unless you think you are untouchable!

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-Mar-2015, 02:56 PM
Clarkson was an arrogant sarcastic bullying person who was allowed to get away with it in the name of money that the BBC had made from a program that had a good reputation long before Clarkson, I for one would watch it again if it went back to good comment on motoring and cars as it was then, but not the crap that it is now, nothing about good engineering and sound driving habits, but just encouraging drivers to do speeding and wheel spinning and all forms of horrendous driving habits and advertising very expensive fast cars, not a good example to young new drivers, it was a serious motoring program before he became associated with it, that was when I stopped watching it, but no record of viewers like me leaving were taken way back then, Top Gear as a program hopefully is bigger than the disgraced Clarkson. I would hope that no other channel would take him on, he is a loose cannon. his mates had the sense to do other programs, so I imagine they will keep a low profile over this issue.

djh
27-Mar-2015, 05:57 PM
Full agreement here, Dave. We can get TG on BBC America, but I got so fed up with Clarkson's antics and the incessant nattering from the sofa that I quit watching. I hope they get some new people and reformat it around cars rather than another ignorant bully.

Frank
[+] 1 user says Thank You to anacortesdamp for this post
29-Mar-2015, 08:11 PM
He clearly splits opinions. But I warrant the 3 will turn up on another channel doing the same thing. When Clarkson changed the format of Top Gear from one of serious petrol head to its current entertainment format the ratings increased and now the programme is worth over £60 million a year to the BBC. So love him or hate him, money talks.
30-Mar-2015, 01:02 PM
You are right about him changing the format Noel, he did more damage to the British car industry than all the unions put together.

djh
02-Apr-2015, 08:25 PM
(27-Mar-2015 04:05 AM)Peter Harris Wrote:  So what do we all think about Clarkson getting the boot?????

Hiya Pete....long time since I've seen that face. I don't have a problem with the very colourful Clarkson, I love the fact he's off his head a bit.