Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Level of participation in the forum
22-Apr-2015, 02:58 AM
Level of participation in the forum
I see that the "Number of Members" sits at 578. It seems to me that the number of regular posters (those posting more than once in three months) is down around 40 or so. There are probably less than 15 of us who post more than once a fortnight.

I'd like to see a breakdown of how many of the 578 members post, how long since they last did and how often. I'd also be interested in knowing how many gave up posting after the redesign.

I can't remember how long it has been since "accystan", who lives not too far from us across the border with Canada, has posted. He used to post at least a couple of times a month.

Frank
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
22-Apr-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: Level of participation in the forum
Frank, if you click on members you can sort by last visit date.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-Apr-2015, 08:21 PM
(22-Apr-2015 02:58 AM)anacortesdamp Wrote:  I see that the "Number of Members" sits at 578. It seems to me that the number of regular posters (those posting more than once in three months) is down around 40 or so. There are probably less than 15 of us who post more than once a fortnight.

I'd like to see a breakdown of how many of the 578 members post, how long since they last did and how often. I'd also be interested in knowing how many gave up posting after the redesign.

I can't remember how long it has been since "accystan", who lives not too far from us across the border with Canada, has posted. He used to post at least a couple of times a month.

Frank

I find the new format very difficult to use...
however, I stopped reading and posting on the Forum along with some other older members, some years ago when we were insulted and demeaned by a few rude and often inebriated newer members.
Our complaints were brushed off in a very cavalier manner and left me feeling crushed and unimportant.
I did post expressing my disappointment at that time.

T. D.
23-Apr-2015, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 23-Apr-2015 05:09 AM by Dave H.)
I also found the new format hard to get on initially and hard to use thereafter Karen.

djh
23-Apr-2015, 03:03 PM
A quick check of the Members' listings showed that the latest visit for 45 members has been since 01 Jan 15 and that 80 last visited in the 12 months to date. The majority show only a handful of posts since they joined, but several of us are past the 1,000 mark.

Frank
24-Apr-2015, 04:02 PM
I too found it troublesome the change in format, mainly the new password system it was tricky using at first. Now the problem as been solved it is better for me, my only problems are that I am late coming to computer technology and only know the basics and typing. My 4 year old granddaughter seems to know more than me, she uses her Dads Ipad with ease. Her Dad my youngest gave me an I phone for my birthday at the begining of April and it has taken me until now to get used to it.

frank h.
24-Apr-2015, 06:57 PM
Same here Frank, I go back to Leyland Motors in the new assembly factory, we had VDUs dumped on the factory floor no training and told to use them, it was chaotic, none of us had a clue, even typing skills for engineers like us was a new learning skill, even the terminology was a new learning curve, from director level down horrendous mistakes were made, probably leading eventually to the down fall of the great Leyland Motors.

djh
25-Apr-2015, 12:34 PM
I find that I don't have the same amount of time for either the forum or Facebook these days. In fact some of the things put on Facebook are ridiculous. " Happy birthday to my 2 year old. Happy anniversary to my husband" etc etc . A two year old can't read and wouldn't have a Facebook account, just say it to the child, likewise to the husband. Some people live their lives on it.
25-Apr-2015, 02:50 PM
I have refused to get involved with Facebook, Twitter, etc. Eileen uses Facebook and says she wouldn't know what the grand-kids are doing if she wasn't on it regularly.

Frank
25-Apr-2015, 03:32 PM
Likewise, no Facebook or Twitter, what was wrong with forums and e-mails, letting the world know about your business is the biggest mistake one can make, I know people who have been robbed because they put Facebook messages that they were going to Manchester for a day out shopping in the Arndale Centre

djh