Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Level of participation in the forum
13-Jul-2015, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 13-Jul-2015 12:33 PM by Dave H.)
RE: Level of participation in the forum
Just to increase level of participation, Letter from Crete, Mainly Scandinavian tourists here, none from Leyland visible and one from Preston, hopefully the A.T.Ms will soon allow those of us who live here more that 60 euros a day, but the weather as usual very good if you like heat 30 c plus, plenty of pool time to cool off.Smile

djh
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
13-Jul-2015, 01:12 PM
Glad to read the financial problems have generated an agreement . Not at all sure of the safety of our holiday in Turkey, but everything's paid for, fingers crossed is all we can do.
13-Jul-2015, 08:38 PM
Holiday firms are offering cut price deals to entice visiters to Greece.
Noel we went to Turkey in May and had no problems, some hotels were down on bookings but exchange rates were over 4 to the pound. Dalaman area is a long way from the problems of the crossings to Syria. The locals are still only intrested in selling you all the latest fake clothing at any price you are willing to pay.

frank h.
15-Jul-2015, 06:04 AM
I was in Turkey last year at the height of the fighting over the border - seemed fine to me - and the food is spectacular
15-Jul-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm sure it'll be fine, I just wish the rest of the world would wake up to these maniacs and unite against them. There again we can't even control our own borders so what's the point.
21-Aug-2015, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 21-Aug-2015 03:48 AM by anacortesdamp.)
Having nothing much else to do before breakfast today, I did a check into how many members had posted anything since the start of the year. Thirty members have posted, out of 588.

345 members haven't posted since the new version debuted in May 2013. About 20 of those dropped out within a few days of the redesign.

Perhaps the number of members posted at the end of the web page should be amended to reflect the number of active or semi-active members. It gives a false impression of the size of the community. I'd suggest that anyone listed as "AWOL" be deleted, after giving them the opportunity to become involved again. I also wonder about the "guest" count appearing at the bottom of the screen. Can someone explain how, when I'm the only one on the forum, it shows me, Google, Baidu and "15 guests". I know I'm 8 hours out of step with UK time, but I'd expect more ex-Lancastrians in my time zone to be active. After all, some 12,000 Lancashire engineers emigrated to join Boeing back in 1968. Where did they all go?

Frank
22-Aug-2015, 10:16 AM
Frank, Google, Baidu and the others are probably web crawlers, or spiders (whatever they call them) Tongue

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-Aug-2015, 09:35 AM
I've noticed that when new members join, not many people respond to them. Then they seem to lose interest.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user