Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vandalism.
12-Jun-2015, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-Jun-2015 11:41 AM by noel.)
Vandalism.
I started this thread because Im heartily sick of the mindless vandalism in the area. This week a wooden 6ft tall chain saw sculpture of a leaping fish, on display at Farington Moss Lodges as part of a school educational display, was sawn off and stolen? I presume. This just a few days after yobs wrecked a play area on Astley Park. The fish and been there for 4 years. I remember a few years ago a floral display on one of the Preston Parks, of Sir Tom Finney was planted after months of carefully cultivating the right plants, and was trampled literally overnight. The bronze sculpture of the worker leaving Motors commemorated from a photo taken in the early 20th century had his pipe knocked out of his mouth, that can't be replaced apparently. These are just 3 examples of mindless vandalism that makes you wonder, should the council really bother? [Image: 3837460044.jpg] It's almost like the vandals have left a parting message.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
13-Jun-2015, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 13-Jun-2015 10:53 AM by Peter Harris.)
RE: Vandalism.
Vandalism is called "Street Art" these days, you can't call mindless defacing of property vandalism any more, it's not allowed. the Street Artists need to express themselves after lying around all day not working and sniffing glue or whatever, it's their right. Some even get grants to express themselves.

I love the picture above it seems like the right gesture we should be giving to the do-gooders who allowed this nonsense to emerge and become enshrined in law.
13-Jun-2015, 08:38 PM
It does doesn't it Peter, I wish I could find a photo of how it should be. If I can I'll post it.
16-Jun-2015, 08:38 AM
I am currently between contracts and back in Perth from KL having a break. I have to say I was strangely attracted to the spray paint and glue sections of the hardware store when I went to get some mastic to seal my balcony tiles. Better get a new contract soon.