Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Holland Cottage - Holland Farmhouse
29-Jun-2015, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 23-Jul-2015 02:50 AM by Holland65.)
Holland Cottage - Holland Farmhouse
I am trying to get some clarification on old houses on Wigan Road that were once occupied by my 3rd great uncle and his family. I had always thought and read history that the house below was the one the family occupied and referenced. Hollands were brickmakers. This house sits to the right of the golf course entrance near Dawson Lane.

[Image: Holland%20House_zpsztre5yac.jpg]

I learned today that Leyland Golf Course doesn't own this one, but owns a building to the left of the entrance that is occupied by Sarah's Ark and known as Hollands Farmhouse. Any idea about the history and ownership of this home? Is it part of the same Holland family (Henry Holland). Have I been looking at the wrong houses?

Thanks. I plan on coming to Leyland from the states this October and seeing the buildings.

Vicki
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
30-Jun-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: Holland Cottage - Holland Farmhouse
Welcome to the forum, Vicki. Whereabouts in Oregon are you? We're in Anacortes, WA. My wife and I were both born and raised in Leyland and emigrated in 1968.

Frank Damp
30-Jun-2015, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 30-Jun-2015 04:04 PM by Holland65.)
(30-Jun-2015 02:38 PM)anacortesdamp Wrote:  Welcome to the forum, Vicki. Whereabouts in Oregon are you? We're in Anacortes, WA. My wife and I were both born and raised in Leyland and emigrated in 1968.

Frank Damp

I live in Hillsboro, Oregon. West of Portland.
01-Jul-2015, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the forum. The historical society may be able to help?https://www.leylandhistoricalsociety.co.uk