Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moved on
quote:

Originally posted by noel

quote:

Originally posted by Martin

oh I almost forgot... I'll do a quick search and give you some options Linda.

Can you find Linda a moving Gryphon Martin? I think movement is good in a Gryphon.

There's really no answer to that, Noel.I'll try to think of one.
LG
If you find one Noel, let me know.
Martin ~
I searched for ages Martin , there seems a dearth , I'll try again.
I have a graphics package, but wouldn't know how to do a moving griffin.
Martin ~
I have searched and the best free picture hosting site I can find is:

http://members.villagephotos.com

You can make albums, public or private. Very good. This means like for forums like this you can place a picture from your hard drive on the net and use the URL provided to post pictures!

Enjoy
Love and LightHayley
Memories! At Baker's the chemists my sister Jean (in the very middle of the first seated row of girls in the Fox Lane School pic on school photos) and I would be ushered outside when mum was buying what are found nowadadys under the section marked "Feminine Hygiene". She would in due course appear with a small box discretely wrapped in brown paper. No questions asked.

When Ronald Baker, who stuck out against the 1960s Metrolands redevelopment as long as he could, finally moved to his new shop (since Suckerts) you were confronted with an entire wall full of the said commodities as soon as you walked through the door!

Shame on Rocketmanjohn's affection for Heaton's!! Our rivals, of course. We had the hardware store at 124 Towngate - George Damp & Sons Ltd. It had a wood planking floor and apart from the pervading smell of paraffin, the smell I associate with it most was the linseed oil-soaked sand "sweeping compound" we used to keep the dust down. Naturally, the oil soaked into the boards and made the shop smell of it.

Anyone remember Booth's when it was all bare wooden scrubbed counters, sacks of coffee beans and opened chests of tea?

As to Brindles, we used to buy caps for our cap guns there before playing cowboys and Indians on waht was then known simply as Church Road Rec. Didn't Mr Brindle's son marry into the Fishwick family and run the bus company for years?

Colin Damp
Plymouth
Hi Colin
I remember the smell of Damp's really well, also keeping the dust down, everything was kept dusted including all the ornaments & i had the job of dusting all the plastic bowls & buckets we kept outside the front door every morning, but what i remember most is Dusty the dog, who used to sit on a tartan rug in a corner, what a fantastic dog she was.
Eileen
I realise it's an old message, but did you find the Victoria Nursing Home?

Suspect it was No 1 Victoria Terrace - right at the Sandy Lane end, which is much larger than the other houses in the row. It was bought as a private house in the late 1950s by Ron & Phyllis Nixon, friends of our family. Ron was fairly high up at BTR and was a magistrate.

I believe his eldest son, Eric, still lives there with his wife, Zoe.

Colin Damp
Plymouth