Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
postings
15-Nov-2015, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 15-Nov-2015 08:58 AM by Dave H.)
postings
Hello Leyland Forum, ANYONE THERE.......................

djh
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
15-Nov-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: postings
Viewed 40 times so far and the first answer. Quick update Dave, Wesley House Restaurant is now pulled down, the bats must have flown. Tesco of course to be built there sadly. It looks like FB has killed the forum off?
15-Nov-2015, 04:02 PM
I check every day and this is the first new string for about 2 weeks. DW is a FB member, but I don't go there.

Frank
16-Nov-2015, 02:47 PM
[/quote]

Sadly you might be right Noel.
I do go on FB but don't post often; it's usually to help if I can with local landmarks or history or offer to help re lost dogs and cats if not responding to a family member - to me it seems that any discussion started on there takes no time to develop into petty arguing. Although that does sound familiar ...................
[/quote
Like a bunch of school kids at times aren't they, it's made worse because I don't know any of them. I like to think the forum is better than that? But more people needed. It's not really benefitted the forum changing the format.
17-Nov-2015, 08:36 AM
Agreed Noel, I also think the change of format helped kill off the forum, my problem with FB was at it`s start up, I was on it at the start and ended up with total stranger abusing me for not replying to their request to become a friend, it was almost impossible to get off it then, I was told by them that if I did not reply or open any messages for 2 months I would be taken off, it was done, but not a pleasant experience, so invasive.

djh
17-Nov-2015, 11:42 AM
There have been a few rumbles in the jungle on here Dave, but mostly from people who took offence at someone having a different view. One nasty episode when 3 women ganged up on another, and I had to remove some rather offensive words very shortly after they were written. ( I was a moderator then), but recently the traffic has been so light there's been nothing to disagree with. The forum will continue as long as we want it to. I don't want to read what someone had for breakfast or see a photo of it, nor will I join someone in wishing their 1 year old sprog happy birthday as a) the child won't be able to read it unless some kind of superbrain and b) they can't have a FB account until they are 13. And "Happy anniversary to my wife" why not just say it to her why put it on FB? . I've also had some of my friends urging me to vote labour and saying what a dreadful nasty party the tories are. Maybe they are but I'll form my own opinion which at the moment is none of them is fit for purpose otherwise we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. So for that reason I prefer the forum and hope it survives.
17-Nov-2015, 01:14 PM
(17-Nov-2015 11:42 AM)noel Wrote:  There have been a few rumbles in the jungle on here Dave, but mostly from people who took offence at someone having a different view. One nasty episode when 3 women ganged up on another, and I had to remove some rather offensive words very shortly after they were written. ( I was a moderator then), but recently the traffic has been so light there's been nothing to disagree with. The forum will continue as long as we want it to. I don't want to read what someone had for breakfast or see a photo of it, nor will I join someone in wishing their 1 year old sprog happy birthday as a) the child won't be able to read it unless some kind of superbrain and b) they can't have a FB account until they are 13. And "Happy anniversary to my wife" why not just say it to her why put it on FB? . I've also had some of my friends urging me to vote labour and saying what a dreadful nasty party the tories are. Maybe they are but I'll form my own opinion which at the moment is none of them is fit for purpose otherwise we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. So for that reason I prefer the forum and hope it survives.
With you all the way Noel, I also hope to keep the forum going along with all who care to post at home in the Leyland area and us ex pats who enjoy news locally from Leyland, we are agreed that FB is so trivial to use even though it has become useful in other areas like advertising businesses, our Forum has also these facilities.

djh
18-Nov-2015, 10:53 AM
I quite like the new format now that I've become used to it!
I know that I post infrequently, but I DO log in every 2 or 3 days to see wassup

Jerry Threlfall
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jerryt for this post
18-Nov-2015, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 18-Nov-2015 04:12 PM by anacortesdamp.)
Sad to say, Audrey, but so many people abandoned the forum, I doubt they would come back even if the original format was resurrected. There's no easy way to let them know.

I notice that the membership count increases each time a new member joins and now stands at 600. A quick run through the membership lists shows a sizeable percentage listed as "AWOL". Maybe it would be more realistic if the list of members were to only include those who have posted since 2010.

Frank
18-Nov-2015, 10:37 PM
Every time a new member subscribes, a couple of posts and they're gone.