Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
postings
19-Nov-2015, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 22-Nov-2015 11:18 AM by admin.)
RE: postings
Quote:Maybe FB wasn't just a battle and, with Twitter they won the war - is it time to admit defeat then?
Sad if we have to say Enough and move on - maybe some who look in would give a few opinions - straight and honest ones - as to why the forum isn't working for them any longer?
You might be right Audrey though I have never got my head round Twitter, and you read about famous people on there getting abuse and threats. Is it worth it? I heard somewhere that the Twitter's author hadn't made any money out of it. Whereas Facebook's is a multimillionaire.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
22-Nov-2015, 11:21 AM
Quote:I heard somewhere that the Twitter's author hadn't made any money out of it. Whereas Facebook's is a multimillionaire.

Make that multibillionaire Noel. I think Facebook floated for $100 billion and it made Bono from U2 the richest pop start on the planet.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-Nov-2015, 07:29 PM
(22-Nov-2015 11:21 AM)Martin Wrote:  
Quote:I heard somewhere that the Twitter's author hadn't made any money out of it. Whereas Facebook's is a multimillionaire.

Make that multibillionaire Noel. I think Facebook floated for $100 billion and it made Bono from U2 the richest pop start on the planet.

Hadn't heard of bono's involvement Martin. Is that from shares in FB?
23-Nov-2015, 10:37 AM
I cannot imagine either Jim or Germinal enjoying FB because they did not enjoy any opposite opinions to their own, just like Twitter posters very self opinionated people who don`t like debate.

djh
23-Nov-2015, 12:24 PM
(23-Nov-2015 10:37 AM)Dave H Wrote:  I cannot imagine either Jim or Germinal enjoying FB because they did not enjoy any opposite opinions to their own, just like Twitter posters very self opinionated people who don`t like debate.

Keep your libellous opinions to yourself.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to germinal for this post
23-Nov-2015, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 23-Nov-2015 10:31 PM by Dave H.)
I would like to remind you Germinal of your opinions of us ex pat Leylander`s enjoying contributing to the forum with our posts that you objected to, it is good that you still read the forum comments though, I would certainly be welcome to debate the Oxford English meaning of libellous with you, I wonder why you stopped not contributing to the forum though unless my comment was true.

djh
24-Nov-2015, 03:16 AM
Even though the number of active posters has plummeted in the last 18 months or so, I still like to see "real" Leylanders communicating with each other. I find Facebook and Twitter too "world wide" to be of much interest. Even though the forum is a shadow of its former self, I'd be sorry to see it fold its tent and disappear.

It's a good way for we ex-pats to find out some of the stuff that's going on.

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
24-Nov-2015, 08:49 AM
I agree with you Frank, I have tried to get my 4 children interested but they are busy getting on with their own very busy lives, one in Ohio USA, the others contributing to helping the people of Leyland my Daughter as a teacher at Balshaws and my eldest son as an OT at the Royal on the falls unit, so they continue to support and help the people of the area as I did for 25 years teaching disabled people to drive in specially adapted cars, their independence and freeing their family from having to take them every where, that was very important to me, to give, not just to take. Smile

djh
24-Nov-2015, 09:43 AM
Well I'll continue as long as it keeps going. Well said Dave. There are a couple of things happened in our area. Wesley House has now been flattened and the site cleared, hoping it's not going to be tesco and a new war memorial garden to the local dead of WW1sited by the junction of Watkin Lane and Cuerden Lane, close to where the old Motors clock used to be, as a guide. I'll try to get photos if time allows.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to noel for this post
24-Nov-2015, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 24-Nov-2015 01:24 PM by Dave H.)
Thanks Noel for the encouragement and update on Leyland progress and changes, very welcome, sorry for Audrey leaving , but if it was imminent that she was about to be leaving then she is using my post as an excuse to go without offending others in her circle but I am thick skinned and not at all bothered by Audrey`s remarks, and hoping that the people that think the forum is worth while continue to post, then it is no loss to the Leyland Forum that disaffected members leave. Audrey will be missed and the westies, Incidentally I am one of the OLD crowd Audrey after 10 years membership of this excellent local Leyland Forum, my membership started back on the old forum format in 2006, but my membership shows only from the new format coming into being giving a false impression that I was not an OLD MEMBER................

djh
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Dave H for this post