Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What rotten weather
13-Jun-2016, 05:17 PM
What rotten weather
I just looked though today's LEP on line and was amazed at the weather you're suffering through. A school in Preston closed by floods, a street in Lancaster with a car stuck with water up to the door handles and the Gay Pride parade in Blackpool awash.

We get quite a lot of dull, wet weather here, as we are today, but even if it rains for 24 hours straight, there might be 0.3" in the rain gauge. Luckily, Anacortes is in the rain shadow of the Olympic mountains for most of our weather systems, so our typical annual total is only about 24".

I hope you all get dried out soon.

Frank D
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
13-Jun-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: What rotten weather
We've had 2 glorious weeks of good weather in Lancashire prior to this spell Frank. Temperature getting up to 27 cent. at times. I was half expecting a hose pipe ban. Fortunately the fields were so dry the rain's just soaked in so dog walking is ok. I haven't seen the local news yet but I'm not surprised at your comments. On Sunday I almost ground to a halt in the car thanks to a massive cloudburst.
13-Jun-2016, 08:10 PM
My fruit bushes are looking good for a bumper harvest with all this rain. Not good though for driving in such heavy rain, a guy in front of me on Friday night lost it on a bend but was lucky nothing coming the other way he managed to straighten up and slow down. The road was like driving along a river I couldn't wait to get home safely.

frank h.
14-Jun-2016, 09:53 AM
And it's raining again today but not so bad. Weekend is the county scout camp so fingers crossed for good weather. Not fun camping in the rain.
15-Jun-2016, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 15-Jun-2016 03:10 PM by Dave H.)
Hope you all recover from the torrential rain fall, sounds a little like Cretan weather as regards sudden very heavy rain, 2 years ago with 3 days of exceptionally heavy rain and high winds we lost a goodly proportion of our land slipping down 40 ft into the valley running alongside our property and lifting the roof of my workshop, lifting it in one piece into the valley below, but it was freak, local people said that they had never seen weather that bad for over 60 years, hopefully it will be another 60 years before another such freak storm...........

djh
15-Jun-2016, 02:30 PM
I watched the test match the other day - fizzled out to be a draw due to the UK weather