Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
where is everyone
16-Jul-2016, 09:37 PM
where is everyone
knock knock, anyone there, or is it the holiday season causing the forum to dry up?.........................

djh
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
16-Jul-2016, 11:08 PM
RE: where is everyone
(16-Jul-2016 09:37 PM)Dave H Wrote:  knock knock, anyone there, or is it the holiday season causing the forum to dry up?.........................

I check every day Dave and always reply. 9 weeks to go to my Turkey holiday. Unfortunately Erdogan appears to have survived.
17-Jul-2016, 09:30 AM
nice to know there is life on the forum, I thought you were not going to Turkey this year Noel, a little too risky.

djh
17-Jul-2016, 02:59 PM
I do the same, Noel. Sometimes it looks like there's maybe 5 semi-regulars here nowadays.

I went to the Boeing Company's 100-year celebration the yesterday. Beautiful clear, sunny day, temp around 70F. There were fly-pasts by a Pan-Am DC-3, a B-25 Mtchell and a P-51 Mustang. All of Boeing's 7-series airplanes were on static display abd the Museum of Flight was open. It has a recently added display hall with Concorde G-BOAG, the first 747, a B-17 and B-29 and a lot of smaller airplanes.

I walked my feet off for the best part of 5 hours. There must have been at least 200,000 people there. Worth the 200 mile round trip drive!

Frank

Ftank
17-Jul-2016, 08:11 PM
Your right Frank, we seem to keep the forum going I think maybe as ex-pats of Leyland we like the contact with the area we grew up in and brought up our family`s and the contact with Leyland people although they are thin on the ground now..................Who is Ftank? by the way.............Big Grin

djh
18-Jul-2016, 03:24 AM
(16-Jul-2016 11:08 PM)noel Wrote:  
(16-Jul-2016 09:37 PM)Dave H Wrote:  knock knock, anyone there, or is it the holiday season causing the forum to dry up?.........................

I check every day Dave and always reply. 9 weeks to go to my Turkey holiday. Unfortunately Erdogan appears to have survived.

I have a quick look every few days - "hello" to the faithful few!

Jerry Threlfall
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jerryt for this post
18-Jul-2016, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 18-Jul-2016 08:45 AM by Dave H.)
(18-Jul-2016 03:24 AM)Jerryt Wrote:  

Well done Jerry T, I wish the faithful few all good health and keep the forum alive, I hope you get back in one piece Noel...........Wink

djh
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Dave H for this post
18-Jul-2016, 02:50 PM
Dave:

I don't know why I signed twice. Ftank is the side effect of "t" being the key adjacent to "r".

Frank
18-Jul-2016, 03:14 PM
(18-Jul-2016 08:44 AM)Dave H Wrote:  
(18-Jul-2016 03:24 AM)Jerryt Wrote:  

Well done Jerry T, I wish the faithful few all good health and keep the forum alive, I hope you get back in one piece Noel...........Wink
I'll try my best Dave. I really don't like what this Erdogan guy is doing. I'd better not say anymore or his security forces might be waiting for me :-)
25-Jul-2016, 11:21 AM
Hello all. I'm in hiding since the election here. They have made the worse possible voting decision here leaving the next few years in the hands of the splinter groups and minorities - so nothing will happen till next time Sad