Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So who's going to win the league this year????
14-Aug-2016, 12:45 PM
So who's going to win the league this year????
At the star t of the season, we have to ask the inevitable question - who's goi g to win the league thus year??

What do we all think?

Peter
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
14-Aug-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: So who's going to win the league this year????
I doubt very much there'll be a shock like last season. Back to one of the big 5. Hobson's choice but Mourinho's spending £95 million on one player is obscene. I'm a season ticket holder at PNE for my sins and the Championship as Division 2 is now called is a very rich division now with 16 teams receiving parachute payments, £29 million I believe so little teams like PNE Burton Albion Barnsley haven't much chance. Newcastle United with gates of over 50,000 should be in with a shout.
15-Aug-2016, 03:22 PM
Noel,
I agree no shocks this year, the big teams are buying their way to the top.
In the championship it hasn't been a good start for your team, and we at Wigan only won 1 of 2 games but a long way to go yet. The start last year for us was awful but we became champions to come up to the championship, we would like to think we could do the same again but we don't like to spend beyond our means. It could take a few years as long as we dont go back down.

frank h.
16-Aug-2016, 08:04 AM
I think Wigan are still getting parachute payment as it's called Frank? Yes bad start for us nothing unusual there, we always oddly take a while to get going though Saturday should have been a draw, the linesman ruling offside a perfectly good goal. TV confirmed. Could be even worse tonight if Grayson sticks to his safety first policy and sets the side up for a 0-0 draw. The championship is highly competitive and a big step up from div.1… Good luck but not on 23rd September when I'll be watching on TV in Dalyan.
21-Sep-2017, 04:56 AM
So it's a tale of 2 Manchester's at the start of the season - where will it end? Can Rooney patch up Everton, Will Liverpool rise or with the Cockneys knock them all off with the usual goal in the last minute that went in off somebody's backside from a mis-kick Smile