Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A busy month starts today
20-Jan-2017, 10:21 AM
RE: A busy month starts today
(19-Jan-2017 07:36 PM)anacortesdamp Wrote:  I agree, Dave, particularly about Twitter. That's been totally taken over by Donald Fart. I figured out that, when were kids, "fart" was considered a swear word and we had to use "trump" instead. Since "trump" = "fart", I decided it was a good fit for the stupid git! The only drawback to him screwing up and getting impeached means we get President Pence. He has managed not to reveal that he's a raving nut evangelical Christian during the campaign. If he became president, I can imagine him deporting everyone that isn't Christian (or won't convert). As an agnostic with atheistic leanings, I suppose I could fake it!

Eileen uses Facebook quite a lot, as she has an iPad rather than a Microsoft-based system like mine. I've tried to figure out how her computer works, but after all my years with MS, I find it damn-near impossible. It doesn't seem to have any file structure system. She has a couple of hundred photos on there and has to scan through them all to find a particular one and looking for other stuff is equally frustrating. I refuse to have anything to do with it.

Frank D
Fully agree Frank on all counts, my religion is the same, I also have an engineering background and find a lack of file structure most annoying, I use my computer in a limited way to suit my needs..........

djh
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
22-Jan-2017, 08:42 AM
I'm amazed at all the protests from celebrities, women, blacks and mexicans. They should have all voted for Clinton but didn't and now they want a different result. Sounds very Brexit. Abd on that note, not a word about UK apologising tobAus and NZ for shafting them on food trade when they joined the EU and almost bankrupted their best friends.
22-Jan-2017, 04:43 PM
I don't think the folks who are protesting voted for "The Fart". After all, Hillary won the actual vote count by over 3 million votes. It was that crackpot Electoral College system that made him president.

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
23-Jan-2017, 06:18 AM
I think life is certainly going to be interesting when Trump and Putins pissing contest starts for real
23-Jan-2017, 10:35 AM
It maybe that Trump will have a sudden illness and mysteriously die Peter, the C.I.A have ways and means, also Russia.. food for thought.

djh
23-Jan-2017, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 23-Jan-2017 05:04 PM by anacortesdamp.)
Unfortunately, Dave, in that event we get President Pence. He scares me much more than the bumbling Trump. A rabid evangelical is the last thing we need as President. IMO, selecting him as a running mate was an even bigger reason to vote down the "ticket" as "The Fart" himself. The last election proves the adage that "If you chose the lesser of two evils, you still get evil." As a "resident foreigner" (previously known as a resident alien), we don't get to vote - even in local elections. We just get to live with the results. We're far enough away from the "other" Washington that its machinations don't often get to us, except as comedy theatre.

The "Fart's" messing about with ObamaCare is a concern, but we're old enough to be on Medicare. I don't think even someone as stupid as he is would mess with that, since he's old enough to use it.

Frank
24-Jan-2017, 10:06 AM
My youngest Son lives in Ohio married to a Mexican for the last 20 plus years, I hope that they make it through the Trump reign.

djh
24-Jan-2017, 02:38 PM
my 8 years old granddaughter laughs like mad when she hears Donald Trump's name. I don't get the demonstrations against his election. It's democracy they are demonstrating against, rather like the demonstrations against the so called brexit. And how come the luvvies are so left wing? I can never get my head round that, a similar thing when I was at college, now a university. All the lecturers were quite extreme left wing. I don't do prayers being an infidel, but god help America under Trump. Obamacare, was it a good thing Frank? I got the impression Obama had little time for us in the UK and made it clear when he said we'd be back of the queue if we voted Brexit. At least Trump is putting us up front, allegedly.
24-Jan-2017, 06:06 PM
In my opinion, Noel, Obamacare was a good thing. It wasn't perfect, but it went a long way towards wiping out the many inequities in the US health care business. It's a pity he waited so long in his presidency to start it. President Fart will end up making a monumental mess, because he's killing it off with no substitute in the works. In many areas, the systems in place before Obamacare came along have been dismantled.

I'm very glad to be covered by Medicare, along with specifically designed Medicare Supplement insurance from a commercial carrier. When I was still employed, Boeing had a very good health insurance package, but the demands of my particular job got too onerous and they wouldn't let me change to another job, so I took early retirement.

Frank
[+] 1 user says Thank You to anacortesdamp for this post
25-Jan-2017, 12:41 PM
Instead of God save America, it is now God help America........

djh