Originally posted by Spitfire

Do you mean `hot smoke`, Noel? [:{]

It didn't sound quite right as a quote but factually....[8D]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
18-Feb-2006, 02:23 PM

quote:

Linda, I don`t know what you`ve been taking with your water, but can I order a bottle of it please?[Tongue]

I don't know if you'd want to, Jim. Last night I drank nothing stronger than milk, but this morning I awoke with a splitting headache which I cannot shift! I wouldn't mind feeling hungover if I'd done anything to deserve it, but this is not
fair! Reminds me of the God of Hangovers in one of Terry Pratchett's books - Noel will understand what I mean.[xx(]
18-Feb-2006, 10:00 PM

That man has a lot to answer for Linda, The Electric Drill Chuck Key fairy's been at it in my garage. I have some shelves to put up but can I find the c huck key!!
18-Feb-2006, 10:37 PM

I`m not sure where I heard it, but an item on TV said that one of his books is being made into a film. I STILL havn`t read anything by him yet. It`s taken me ages to get through all 1012 pages of Stephen Kings` The Stand`. I can only manage a few pages before I nod off. Is it my age - I ask myself?
Noel, It`s high time you upgraded, everything is chuckless these days. [Tongue]

Jim
18-Feb-2006, 11:28 PM

quote:

?
Noel, It`s high time you upgraded, everything is chuckless these days. [Tongue]

Right OK thanks chuck.[Tongue]
19-Feb-2006, 01:55 AM

Nah, Jim, I still find things to laugh at!

Best of,

Noel Mk.2

(Just couldn't resist, sorry!!)

http://www.partymagic.org.uk
19-Feb-2006, 10:34 AM

Noel (Mk11), It crossed my mind too, but after checking on Wordweb, I discovered that `chuckleless` doesn`t exist. It`s still a good word `though.[Tongue]

Jim
19-Feb-2006, 05:45 PM

quote:

I`m not sure where I heard it, but an item on TV said that one of his books is being made into a film. I STILL havn`t read anything by him yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4590000/newsid_4598600/4598672.stm
The book in question is "The Wee Free Men" and is in theory a children's book, though I really enjoyed it before I passed it on to the kids. (Keep your comments to yourselves![Tongue]) But Pratchett's children's works have been the subject of possible film projects before and it hasn't come off, so don't hold your breath.

Jim, start with "The Colour of Magic". It's not his best, but it's the first in the Discworld series and sets the scene for the rest. Be prepared for wizard heroes who say "Oh b*gger!" and characters like Cohen the Barbarian!
20-Feb-2006, 04:09 PM

Linda, Thanks for the info. Reading that is on my list of `things I must do`. Where oh where does the time to do everything go?

Jim
28-Feb-2006, 05:27 PM

From the BBC....

Smokers at an office in West Yorkshire have kicked the habit thanks to a new colleague - Rupert the cocker spaniel.
The nine-month-old dog was brought in by managers at Relay Recruitment in Bradford in January to help staff beat the post-Christmas blues.

But the move had an unexpected bonus as four of the firm's 12 smokers gave up cigarettes by substituting fag breaks for a 10-minute walk with the dog.

Bosses now plan to provide dogs for their staff in Leeds, Halifax and York.
Quote this message in a reply