Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Happy New Year
01-Jan-2017, 03:56 PM
Happy New Year
Happy New Year to everyone and let's hope 2017 is a better year than the last one. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-Jan-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Happy New Year
It's not just this year that's a problem, it's the next four under President Trump. Maybe a relocation to Vancouver is a possibility.

Frank D
02-Jan-2017, 01:19 PM
Happy New year from Crete and I echo Franks comments about Trump the war monger God help America and the rest of the world, hope we survive his term of office...........

djh
02-Jan-2017, 06:59 PM
An even bigger problem with the US presidency is what happens if "the Donald" blows a fuse. I'd rather have him as Prez than that rabid evangelical Christian nut-case vice president, Pence.

I'm reminded of a TV news interview a couple of decades ago. It was immediately before a UK general election, and a US reporter did a "man-in-the-street" interview in London. He asked the interviewee if he voted a straight party line. The response was "Absolutely not. I carefully review the candidates' records, their party manifestos, and overall personalities. I then decide which is worst and vote for the other one."

Frank
02-Jan-2017, 08:15 PM
Happy New Year to all. Let's hope it is a better year but somehow...
02-Jan-2017, 09:09 PM
Happy New Year to every one.`

Fingers are crossed for somthing better, lost a few too members of family and frends in 2016.

frank h.
02-Jan-2017, 11:22 PM
Trump / Pence connection was always puzzling, thanks Frank for clarification I wondered what the connection was, two nut cases together on one ticket, we can only hope there is no connecting influence one to the other............

djh
04-Jan-2017, 10:15 AM
Dear All

Madness prevails but that seems to be pre-requisite to power. For the rest of us, work hard, keep focussed and keep your head down.
If you can't keep the bastards honest with a vote, make sure they can't touch you with what they don't know about. Smile

Power to the people Wink

All the best for 2017

Peter