Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
empty houses
29-Apr-2017, 09:16 PM
empty houses
hi we are currently looking at houses in Leyland with a view to returning after 34 years ,lots of choice but can anyone enlighten me as to why there are so many vacant property's on the market
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
29-Apr-2017, 09:51 PM
RE: empty houses
At least you won't be under pressure to buy NOW!. We're about 100 miles north of Seattle, thank goodness. The housing market down there is unreal. Each house on the market is getting 10 or more offers and the selling price can be 30% more than the asking price, sometimes higher. An interesting note in yesterday's paper referred to the "poverty-level" income in the greater Seattle area being $72,000 a year. That's nearly twice what I was making in 1998 after 28 years with Boeing!

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
30-Apr-2017, 08:13 PM
My take on it is everybody is sick of the Brexit etc and are like us going to live abroad..................

djh
01-May-2017, 08:14 PM
(29-Apr-2017 09:16 PM)p thundercliffe Wrote:  hi we are currently looking at houses in Leyland with a view to returning after 34 years ,lots of choice but can anyone enlighten me as to why there are so many vacant property's on the market
I didn't think there were many vacant properties, unless you mean new build? Quite a few new estates being built locally as it's obviously a good place to come and live in. We are looking around to down size in the area but struggling to find the right sort of property.
01-May-2017, 09:03 PM
not referring to new build ,just everyday houses ,zoopla /rightmove has loads of properties in the pr25 area for sale I have 15 saved in my watch list of which 6 are empty ,not saying the ratio is 30% all round, but certainly is in the properties we are interested in
02-May-2017, 08:39 AM
There are a lot of part exchange offers as builders are trying to sell these new houses. I would imagine that is the reason.? Good luck with your search.