Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logging in errors
I fully agree with you Frank, let`s start a campaign to get Admin to look for ways to encourage a lot more to come onboard and post their day to day Leyland experiences and chat...
djh
Yes Dave, I know Leyland has changed since you and I both lived there but it is good to hear what is happening and keeping up with what goes on. I myself don't get to visit as often as I would like and have to rely on phone calls to little brother.

frank h.
One thing I never thought would happen, at least in my life-time is erosion of the green divide between Farington and Lostock Hall, but it's happening. The council in its wisdom accepted plans for IKEA and other businesses to build and currently it has started. A housing estate to be built on the corner of woodcock straits, as I know it and Cuerden way. It's time to just shake my head in desperation. Any room over there in Crete Dave? :-)
That's a shame. It was sad that the old farmhouse there had to be demolished to build the new road. Woodcock Hall wasn't it? Is the development to be on the east or west side of the Straits?
(06-Apr-2018, 07:31 AM)noel Wrote: One thing I never thought would happen, at least in my life-time is erosion of the green divide between Farington and Lostock Hall, but it's happening. The council in its wisdom accepted plans for IKEA and other businesses to build and currently it has started. A housing estate to be built on the corner of woodcock straits, as I know it and Cuerden way. It's time to just shake my head in desperation. Any room over there in Crete Dave? :-)

Traffic congestion in the area is already bad, even at non-peak times, so goodness knows how much worse it will be once Ikea is up and running. The council have conveniently ignored this aspect.
It's on the east side ruining all those little houses and farm the council is delighted about jobs being created. They don't seem to care very few of the locals wanted more traffic congestion and pollution. And yes Woodcock Hall rings a bell.