Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ha ha ha, why do they do it?
05-Dec-2017, 01:59 AM
Ha ha ha, why do they do it?
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/38152262/us-...onference/
Ha ha. Did anyone see the secret service fellow break into sign language in the US some time ago?

Priceless, but what would motivate a person to do this?????

Any thoughts
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-Dec-2017, 07:37 PM
RE: Ha ha ha, why do they do it?
Hilarious, a few years ago John Redwood who was then secretary of Wales , or first minister, I forget which kept opening his mouth goldfish like, to the Welsh National Anthem.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source...W0&cf=1
05-Dec-2017, 11:09 PM
A true politician.. You can tell when they are lying, their mouths move and sound comes out Smile
07-Dec-2017, 09:40 PM
(05-Dec-2017 11:09 PM)Peter Harris Wrote:  A true politician.. You can tell when they are lying, their mouths move and sound comes out Smile

They're only doing their job under difficult circumstances (he says, tongue in cheek.........).
I stopped voting after the expenses scandal - they soon realised I wasn't participating and changed their ways. Unfortunately it was only for a week or two.
What happens if you don't vote in Australia?

More seriously, where are the political giants like those of the post-war Attlee govt, or Thatchers early years (even though I wasn't a supporter)? We certainly need them now.

John
08-Dec-2017, 10:01 AM
Harold Wilson, you only realise how great some leaders are when you see their replacements. Wedgewood-Benn was someone I could listen to all day, didn't necessarily agree with what he said but he was certainly great to listen to.
08-Dec-2017, 06:55 PM
(08-Dec-2017 10:01 AM)noel Wrote:  Harold Wilson, you only realise how great some leaders are when you see their replacements. Wedgewood-Benn was someone I could listen to all day, didn't necessarily agree with what he said but he was certainly great to listen to.

I liked Harold Wilson, though he WAS a devious devil! Compared to the chaos of his successors however, both Con and Lab, he wasn't bad.
Wedgie-Benn always knew how to work an audience.......there was always a buzz on political progs when he was on!
08-Dec-2017, 08:41 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Wilson was the biggest liar and con-man ever to be PM. Most of his subordinate ministers were very much the same. In my opinion, his cancellation of the TSR-2 program, after repeated pre-election promises not to do so, was the worst act of skulduggery ever by a PM.

I guess I could say that he did me a big favor, as I doubt we'd have emigrated to the US if the program hadn't been killed.

Frank
08-Dec-2017, 10:28 PM
Therese May seems blander than bland compared to the old guard and is incapable of making or sticking to a decision. No wonder Brexit is such a mess.
08-Dec-2017, 11:05 PM
(08-Dec-2017 10:28 PM)admin Wrote:  Therese May seems blander than bland compared to the old guard and is incapable of making or sticking to a decision. No wonder Brexit is such a mess.

They're becoming progressively more so........young career politicians toe the party line to gain promotion and don't need to have their own ideas or be individuals (apart from the current Foreign Sec!).
I'm very disappointed in Mrs May, thinking that she was the right one for the job in our present situation when she became PM, but it seems not.
And that's from a Labour voter for many years (but not at present!).
10-Dec-2017, 10:29 AM
I couldn't agree more about Mrs maybe, for one I did not want Brexit because as an expat living in Greece/Crete on health grounds I needed to retain the reciprocal agreements I was entitled to as an NHS member and taxpayer all my working life in the UK, she does not seem able to get the facts home or get a suitable team together to negotiate a way out of this mess that Brexit has produced...

djh