Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi Leyland
21-Jan-2018, 09:04 PM
RE: Hi Leyland
Sounds like you live the ideal life Dave, we have met a few Brits while traveling in Crete who live there all year, one lady from Bristol serves in the local shop across from the hotel has lived in Crete for 8 years. She was trying to persuade us to try renting for 6 months including winter time, it would be a wrench to leave the 2 sons and grandchildren. She was saying winters can be both good and bad, last year was not one of the best. A lot of people like my wife feel a weight lifted from thier shoulders when they step of the plane and see those wonerfull views.

frank h.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
22-Jan-2018, 11:38 AM
We have lived here 12 years now Frank, no ties in The UK, both sets of parents died years ago, all grandchildren have grown up, so we have not gone back to the UK at all, finished with it, here forever, but Family come and have holidays with us here many people we know are the same, some from Chorley, Preston, Bolton, Manchester all enjoying the Cretan hospitality and friendship and weather, the medical system here is second to none no waiting lists etc etc, we are hoping that Brexit will not affect the reciprical agreement that is the EU arrangement as of now...Smile

djh
23-Jan-2018, 09:19 PM
Dave,
I will be taking a drive in your direction, your area sounds idilic just the type of place to wander and soak in the atmosphere. We may even find some place to rent for an extra visit later.

frank h.
24-Jan-2018, 12:32 AM
We have a lot in common with you, Dave, except we're in the USA instead of Crete. My sister is now unable to travel long distance by air, so there might be couple of trips to Leyland before we're done. We'll just have to see.

We're lucky in that three of our four children are within 150 miles or so. Of our 6 grand-kids, four are similar distances away and our great-grand-daughter is only 60 miles away. Our son, Matthew lives in Japan with his wife and young daughter.

Frank D
24-Jan-2018, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 24-Jan-2018 11:57 AM by Dave H.)
Sounds good Frank, nearer the time PM me and we can arrange a meeting at Tavronitis...

djh
24-Jan-2018, 09:23 PM
Thanks for that Dave, will be in touch.

frank h.