Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoky - but not the bear
I tried to buy our Pefab put was turned down as the whole site sold to the hotel consortium, much as we liked the place we had to go, and got Woodlands Drive from the then Leyland council, we dropped lucky it could have been worse...
djh
My wife remembers the prefabs better than I do. The scout hut apparently is 2 prefabs joined together. Theresa Google picture https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=2nd+le...erState=ga
The name Barry Chilton springs to mind Noel....not sure if from Farington school or Balshaws.
(09-Dec-2018, 01:53 PM)noel Wrote: My son visited the site earlier this year Frank, it beggars belief how humans can be so evil. And denying it ever happened as some do, even more evil.

Wrt the EU heaven knows what's going to happen the more I read the more the referendum seemed a bad idea. Can't help but feel the multimillionaires who think leaving is a good idea had their own fortunes at heart.
I'm not sure where the prefabs were but remember going in one in the late 50s a school pal lived in one, think his surname was Chilton and Pennington rings a bell, I'm sure there was Christine Pennington at Farington junior school early 50s
Barry was Balshaw's John. I had to watch the apostrophe there, I've just started to read Eats, Shoots, and Leaves a well known book by Lynn Truss looking at grammar and punctuation. I have intended to read it for some time and on Sunday at a friend's house I saw the book perched on top of a tall bookcase.