Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would like to contact Susan Fletcher
I was friends with Susan Fletcher when she lived at the papershop on Stanifield Lane Farington, she went to Wellfield School and after the Shop they moved to Lytham St Annes and I eventually lost touch, Her parents Les and Dorothy did move back to Leyland just off Towngate and thats the last I know. If anyone can help I would be very grateful. Dedrah
I remember Susan but dont know what happened to her Dedrah. Did you also know Irene Hancock who also lived on Stanifield lane? I`d like to know where she is now.
Hi Sandie, yes I knew Irene but not well, sorry I don't know what happened to her. I vaguely know most people who grew up in Farington in the fifties as it was only a small village in those days consisting of Stanifield Lane , Mill St, Crown St, Woodville St, East St, School St, The Square and Finally Boundary St, although technically that might have been in Leyland! Goinf North there was Bristol Ave, Gloucester Ave and Stanley Road and Ave. And of course Centurian Way. Sorry if I have missed any roads out.
I used to deliver papers for Fletchers until they were taken over by Lewis's. I remember the Lewis's well, particularly Phillip who started an off-licence trade later, and Cynthia his sister.
But can only very vaguely remember the Fletchers, sorry.
Noel, Cynthia Lewis is now a vicar, She contacted me through friends reunited.
Dedrah, just like Noel, I remember the Fletcher's quite well delivering papers for them and then the takeover by the Lewise's I just find it ammazing all the names that you forget when you have been away for 35 years. There was also a house turned into a sweet shop at the top of Mill St, can't remember the name and a gilr who worked in there and I think lived on the street called Eileen Carney.
I also remember the Woods from Stanifield Lane, I went to Piano Lessons from the daughter Doreen I think and also her brother Albert
who played Sax
quote:

Originally posted by shuffy

Noel, Cynthia Lewis is now a vicar, She contacted me through friends reunited.

Pass on my regards Dedrah, if she remembers me. ( I used to greet her with "Hya Cynth" , not very original but it amused an 11 years old Noel at the time.
John the shop was Carruthers, Charlie.
I was talking to a frieend the other day about a final St Ambrose's football club got in in 1957-58 ish at Deepdale against Leyland Methodist, it was funny howe the old names like Percy Smalley who played right back cropped up. The final was a big honour for the club and they were red hot favourites to win, had even booked a celebration the following Saturday night at the local chippy , however surprisingly they lost 4-2 I think. They played in Wolves colours Gold and Black.
Or Southports if you prefer. 35 years John, a long time.
Hi john I also had piano lessons from Doreen and knew the Woods family very well, in fact Albert was my 'first love'! when I was about 4!! The shop at the top of mill St was Charlie Carruthers, Eileen Carney lived at the top of east Street she had an older sister called Hilda.